Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 am

sleeping247 wrote:On a side note, does anyone know where live support has gone? I can't seem to find the link here anymore, and the link google links to throws a startup error: SecurityException
Has it been pulled?
Looks like it. See viewtopic.php?p=278365#p278365
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:31 pm

All,

As the thread has become quite lengthy a mini FAQ has been produced to address the most commonly asked questions;

Naked ADSl2 changing to new 'naked' OCV FAQ (04/01/2011)

Q1. Is there an admin charge fee for changing plans?

A. No, there is not. Paying by credit produces the standard $1.10 surcharge.

Q2. I have a VOIP service, will this be affected in applying for these new 'naked' ADSL2 plans with the phone?

A. No it will not. Upon applying for the new plan, you will receive a new PSTN

Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.

Q.4 What about with respect to caller ID? Is this optional? Does this cost anything?

A. Outgoing caller ID for your PSTN calls will show as your PSTN number - you can have this masked (shows as "private") but can't make this show as your VOIP number; incoming caller ID costs $3/month charged by supplier (thank you quop)

Q. 5 Are 1300/13 included in the free local/national calls?

No they are not. They are charged as per the standard 30c per call.

Q6. In regards to free calls to Optus mobiles, does this include Optus resellers?

A. Yes.

Q7. How can I apply for this?

For all current naked ADSL2 customers this can be done via your secure user facilities under 'Manage Services -> ADSL'

Q8. How long does it take to complete the change?

All plan changes take effect on the 1st working day of the month. In terms of time for the physical change it takes approximately up to 3 working days to 'revive' the PSTN. For those that ask(when fully available) to opt to revert back to PSTN from their ported VOIP number, this takes around 5-10 working days.

Q9. Any change of plan fee?
No.

Q10. what about if I'm within contract? Do I have pay an exit fee to change plan?
No. What will happen is that you will be asked to renew your contract again. This means a new 12 month contract will begin from when this new plan takes into effect.

Q11. Any peak/off peak with these new plans?

No, the quota given is for the month given.

Q12. Will my I.P stay the same?
Yes.

Q13. What if I have a naked ADSL2 service and I wish to change to these new 'naked' plans but wish to have my previous telephone number that I orginally lost back again?(And you did not port it to VOIP)?Can Exetel do this?.(thanks slave1)

In short No. If you didnt port this number as a voip number, but instead decided to opt in for a naked service and in doing so losing the number means this telephone number is in quarantine with Telstra. As we are utilizing the Optus network it would mean having to 'double port' in going back to Telstra (and thus losing your ADSL2 service) and then going back to Exetel. Highly inefficient in both time and money and hence we dont offer any seamless process in this aspect.

Q14. In selecting a mobile service in conjunction with these new plans do I get a discount?

Yes, as this is already incorporated in the OCV200/19 and OCV200/35 plans.

Q15. Can I port my number to one of these plans in conjunction with ADSL2?

Yes you can.

Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Your contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.

australiana

Post by australiana » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 pm

I am unclear about how mobile services 'connect' to the new offering. I have 3 Exetel/Optus mobiles that are earning me discounts off my ADSL costs. Do these discounts apply to the new ADSL plans?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi,

I am unclear about how mobile services 'connect' to the new offering. I have 3 Exetel/Optus mobiles that are earning me discounts off my ADSL costs. Do these discounts apply to the new ADSL plans?
The current discount you have should apply to the new plans. if you select the base OCV plan with no mobile cap included, then the 3 assumed cap mobiles you currently have should go towards the discount of the new plan. To apply for the other OCV plans already includes 1 mobile cap plan, and the discount within that one selected mobile cap plan is included for the latter 2 plans.

In your case, if you dont want anymore mobile cap services, you can simply apply for the base OCV plan. The discounts should apply for these as well to my knowledge.

ForestBoy

Post by ForestBoy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm going to change over to one of the OCV plans.

I know there is no plan change charge, but If I also opt for one of the mobile cap plans, do I still pay the $20 SIM/actiation charge that comes with the CAP plans ?

Thanks

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 pm

do I still pay the $20 SIM/actiation charge that comes with the CAP plans ?
No activation charge.

oldman

Post by oldman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:24 pm

paulp wrote:Q15. Can I port my number to one of these plans in conjunction with ADSL2?

Yes you can.
I assume this means that my current voip number can become my new PSTN number... if so, how do you ask for it to be done? (I couldn't see any means to ask for it in the application process).

Thanks.

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:00 pm

oldman wrote:
paulp wrote:Q15. Can I port my number to one of these plans in conjunction with ADSL2?

Yes you can.
I assume this means that my current voip number can become my new PSTN number... if so, how do you ask for it to be done? (I couldn't see any means to ask for it in the application process).

Thanks.
Actually, I think Q15 refers to porting your existing mobile number to the mobile CAP plan associated with the OCV200/19 and /35 options.
YOu need to refer to Q2 and Q3 for an answer to your question

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm considering taking up OCV200/19, but the CAP19 component I would like to use for my wife.
She is currently on an Exetel Vodfone (Mobile1) plan, and would need to port her number.
However, her mobile account is in her own name, not part of the ADSL account (which is in my name).

Is it possible to do this?

satyr

Post by satyr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I have a question about the new OCV200 plans with 'uncrippled' pstn phone lines. I would appreciate definite answers from an Exetel staff who obviously knows the answers, rather than helpful forum mods that might also know, but I'd prefer answers from authorities I can base decisions on of course.

With the new OCV200 plans pstn phone line can we;

1) send and receive faxes?
2) operate eftpos over the line?
3) run back to base alarms?
4) use an analog 56k modem, say to connect to another ISP?

Thank you.

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi, I have not read "all" the posts on this topic but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ, so apologies if it has been answered.

I currently have both a naked line (and a voip number that was ported from that line) and another PSTN number, 2 lines, 1naked and 1 pstn. I will take up the OCV-200 plan if I can transfer my existing optus PSTN line to be the fully working copper line in the new plan.

Having looked at the form I cant see anywhere to port an existing pstn number to the new plan.

Thanks

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

satyr wrote:I have a question about the new OCV200 plans with 'uncrippled' pstn phone lines. I would appreciate definite answers from an Exetel staff who obviously knows the answers, rather than helpful forum mods that might also know, but I'd prefer answers from authorities I can base decisions on of course.

Thank you.
if you want an official position on something you need to email and get it writing, see the disclaimer at the top of the page

if your concern is that it is a real PSTN service and not a VoIP service being passed off as a PSTN service (like what TPG do) then it has already been mentioned that it is a true PSTN service

satyr

Post by satyr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

jokiin wrote:
satyr wrote:I have a question about the new OCV200 plans with 'uncrippled' pstn phone lines. I would appreciate definite answers from an Exetel staff who obviously knows the answers, rather than helpful forum mods that might also know, but I'd prefer answers from authorities I can base decisions on of course.

Thank you.
if you want an official position on something you need to email and get it writing, see the disclaimer at the top of the page

if your concern is that it is a real PSTN service and not a VoIP service being passed off as a PSTN service (like what TPG do) then it has already been mentioned that it is a true PSTN service
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Who do I email, or rather which one of the many email addresses do I write to?

Thanks.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

satyr wrote: Who do I email, or rather which one of the many email addresses do I write to?

Thanks.

I would think that residentialsupport@exetel.com.au should be able to answer your questions :)

dragon

Post by dragon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm

so from my understanding as a current naked adsl2+ user once we sign up to an OCV plan the pstn line will be uncrippled so it'll pretty much become an adsl2+ with bundled pstn line plan? and then after contract period is we wish to change to another plan how will that work? will we need to get another plan that is adsl2+ with bundled telephone with exetel? (we cant just get an adsl2+ plan without phone rental can we?)