Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
xsilver

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by xsilver » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:51 pm

paulp wrote:
Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.
Is this option available on the online transfer form yet or is it best to just email someone privately about it?

hohum

port VoIP number to PSTN

Post by hohum » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Switching to #OCV200 can the VoIP number be ported to PSTN? Can a call forward be set up from VoIP to PSTN with no charge? Is there a way to retain the voice->email system via PSTN - i.e. if the PSTN line doesn't answer?

(sorry in advance if this has been asked and answered - over 19 pages I couldn't find a solid answer)

roby

Post by roby » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:35 pm

I am on a naked adsl plan and changed when the offer first came out to these new plans . I look forward to when the plan starts .
Thanks Exetel job well done as usual.
I have been very happy with your service.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:09 pm

xsilver wrote:Is this option available on the online transfer form yet or is it best to just email someone privately about it?
Dunno, but you can always email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au or residentialsales@exetel.com.au if you like (and I'd probably suggest you do). If you don't get a prompt or satisfactory answer, you can PM me the automated ticket number you receive and I can try to follow it up for you.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:16 pm

dragon wrote:so from my understanding as a current naked adsl2+ user once we sign up to an OCV plan the pstn line will be uncrippled so it'll pretty much become an adsl2+ with bundled pstn line plan?
Correct
dragon wrote:and then after contract period is we wish to change to another plan how will that work? will we need to get another plan that is adsl2+ with bundled telephone with exetel? (we cant just get an adsl2+ plan without phone rental can we?)
It is pretty easy to transfer from the Optus provided bundle to all other plans, and even other carriers:
* Going from Optus provided bundled ADSL2+ and phone to other Optus provided plans (bundled or naked should these plans ever make a return to the marketplace) is very easy, no downtime at all and in some cases, no extension of contract
* Going from Optus provided bundled ADSL2+ to Telstra provided phone + unbundled AAPT (say) provided ADSL2+ is not a very common migration path and used to incur downtime, but I don't think it does any more (could be wrong about this one though). Going the other way (AAPT -> Bundled) is a hassle, but Bundled -> AAPT should be doable
* Going from Optus provided bundled ADSL2+ to other ISP provided bundled plans is also easy but depends more critically on the other ISP's procedures. But usually Optus bundled plans provide no impediment to this
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 am

Hi satyr
I have a question about the new OCV200 plans with 'uncrippled' pstn phone lines. I would appreciate definite answers from an Exetel staff who obviously knows the answers, rather than helpful forum mods that might also know, but I'd prefer answers from authorities I can base decisions on of course.

With the new OCV200 plans pstn phone line can we;

1) send and receive faxes?
2) operate eftpos over the line?
3) run back to base alarms?
4) use an analog 56k modem, say to connect to another ISP?

Thank you.

1 - Yes you can.
2 - Provided the line is solely used for dialing in or out. I dont believe it's classed as a complex service so it should be OK. I note that all our telephony services do not support 'complex service' telephony features like faxduet, rotary funcitons etc.
3- As long as it's not classed as a complex service as per 2
4 - That would work technically yes.

Hi PhilS
Hi, I have not read "all" the posts on this topic but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ, so apologies if it has been answered.

I currently have both a naked line (and a voip number that was ported from that line) and another PSTN number, 2 lines, 1naked and 1 pstn. I will take up the OCV-200 plan if I can transfer my existing optus PSTN line to be the fully working copper line in the new plan.

Having looked at the form I cant see anywhere to port an existing pstn number to the new plan.

Thanks
- At this stage you can port that number as a voip. Now to port this onto PSTN we are working on this at present.

Switching to #OCV200 can the VoIP number be ported to PSTN? Can a call forward be set up from VoIP to PSTN with no charge? Is there a way to retain the voice->email system via PSTN - i.e. if the PSTN line doesn't answer?
We can do this technically call forward needs to be done on the equipment you have at home. Last part of question - no.

satyr

Post by satyr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 pm

paulp wrote:Hi satyr
I have a question about the new OCV200 plans with 'uncrippled' pstn phone lines. I would appreciate definite answers from an Exetel staff who obviously knows the answers, rather than helpful forum mods that might also know, but I'd prefer answers from authorities I can base decisions on of course.

With the new OCV200 plans pstn phone line can we;

1) send and receive faxes?
2) operate eftpos over the line?
3) run back to base alarms?
4) use an analog 56k modem, say to connect to another ISP?

Thank you.

1 - Yes you can.
2 - Provided the line is solely used for dialing in or out. I dont believe it's classed as a complex service so it should be OK. I note that all our telephony services do not support 'complex service' telephony features like faxduet, rotary funcitons etc.
3- As long as it's not classed as a complex service as per 2
4 - That would work technically yes.
Thank you clarifying those Paul!

Broges

Post by Broges » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi,

I may have missed this in the 19 pages of this thread, and the 24 pages (at last count) of the other thread relating to the current plan changes and the associated whinging.

Anyway just wanted to know re the free calls on the PSTN for the OCV plans
1) Are the local and national calls timed?
2) Is there a limit on the amount of free calls that can be made per month?
3) Are the free calls to Optus mobiles timed? I note they are subject to AUP. What is this?
4) If I don't bundle the mobiles to the plan now, can I do it at a later stage of the contract without incurring any additional fees? Will the 12month contract apply to the mobiles?
5) If I bundle more than one mobile do I get multiple ADSL discounts e.g 2 x CAP19 = $20 ADSL discount

Is there somewhere we can look at the details of the terms and conditions of these contracts rather than just go off the limited info in the email that's been sent. At first glance the OCV plans look pretty good, but I just need a few things clarified before I sign up for another 12 months.

Thanks

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi,
3) Are the free calls to Optus mobiles timed? I note they are subject to AUP. What is this?
4) If I don't bundle the mobiles to the plan now, can I do it at a later stage of the contract without incurring any additional fees? Will the 12month contract apply to the mobiles?
5) If I bundle more than one mobile do I get multiple ADSL discounts e.g 2 x CAP19 = $20 ADSL discount
1 - We'd time them, but it wont cost you anything as it's free.
2 - There's not limit as such, only in reference to the AUP with respect to abuse.
3 - As per 1, you wont be charged though for record keeping purposes we'd time them. AUP - Acceptable User Policy in reference to possible abuse of terms in relation to the free calls.
4 - You can do it later.And no it wont.
5 - Yes you do so far as I'm aware.

Broges

Post by Broges » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply Paul, much appreciated. :D

chintandesai24

Post by chintandesai24 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Sorry Exetel Staff and Guys,

I emailed my questions through to the support desk over 5 days ago now but nobody can be bothered from their end to reply I think hence am forced to seek support here.

I am currently on a Plan Type: D/22NOTEL on a ADSL2+ naked connection

Not wanting to be annoying here but just to be absolutely sure before I end up in another year worth of contract.

Can someone confirm the following is right:

1. If I switch over to OCV200 I would be entering a contract from 1feb2011 to 1st feb 2012.RIght?
2. The monthly commitment for this plan is 60$ per month, without any service charge of 3$, Right?
3. Post conversion the speed/connection type would still remain ADSL2+. Right?
4. The total allowance for a month is 200gigs without any peak off peak division. RIght?
5. The VOIP number that I currently have can be ported back to have the same number as my PSTN line that this plan offers to convert. Right?
6. All local and national landline calls are free except for 1300 numbers. Right?

Confirmation on these would really help me decide.
Any help would be appreciated.

QPR_FC

Post by QPR_FC » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Exetel,

Another user requiring clarification.

In the most recent email from Exetel, the year summary I think it was entitled, it stated that the changes to the plan had 4 options, basically:
1. take new plan, enter a new 12 month contract
2. DEFAULT - stay on existing plan, pay an extra $10 per month, no contract
3. take new plan, pay one-off $40 plan change fee, no contract
4. leave Exetel

I'm keen on option 3 but when I log on through member facilities, it only gives option 1.

How can I pay the $40 and move to the new plan without a contract ?

Regards
Steven

dragon

Post by dragon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 pm

paulp wrote:Hi,
2 - There's not limit as such, only in reference to the AUP with respect to abuse.
3 - As per 1, you wont be charged though for record keeping purposes we'd time them. AUP - Acceptable User Policy in reference to possible abuse of terms in relation to the free calls.

is the acceptable user policy this?
http://www.exetel.com.au/a_acceptable_use_adsl2.php

i don't see the AUP for the unlimited calls for local, national and mobile calls.

would i be able to get the correct link for the AUP for the unlimited calls?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 pm

dragon wrote:
paulp wrote:Hi,

is the acceptable user policy this?
http://www.exetel.com.au/a_acceptable_use_adsl2.php

i don't see the AUP for the unlimited calls for local, national and mobile calls.

would i be able to get the correct link for the AUP for the unlimited calls?

They will be up over the next few days. They will be the same as the ones on the Optus web site.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 pm

chintandesai24 wrote:I emailed my questions through to the support desk over 5 days ago now but nobody can be bothered from their end to reply I think hence am forced to seek support here.
If you post a ticket number I can chase it for you and you can compare to my attempted response below
chintandesai24 wrote:1. If I switch over to OCV200 I would be entering a contract from 1feb2011 to 1st feb 2012.RIght?
2. The monthly commitment for this plan is 60$ per month, without any service charge of 3$, Right?
3. Post conversion the speed/connection type would still remain ADSL2+. Right?
4. The total allowance for a month is 200gigs without any peak off peak division. RIght?
5. The VOIP number that I currently have can be ported back to have the same number as my PSTN line that this plan offers to convert. Right?
6. All local and national landline calls are free except for 1300 numbers. Right?
1. Right
2. Right
3. Right
4. Right
5. Only in selected circumstances, like if you originally ported PSTN to VOIP in the first place.
6. Not quite. Based on the Mobile capped exclusions, I'd say all special call types are excluded from the free ones (so things like 13,1300, wake up calls, reminder calls, call return function might all be excluded)