Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 pm

QPR_FC wrote:Another user requiring clarification.

In the most recent email from Exetel, the year summary I think it was entitled, it stated that the changes to the plan had 4 options, basically:
1. take new plan, enter a new 12 month contract
2. DEFAULT - stay on existing plan, pay an extra $10 per month, no contract
3. take new plan, pay one-off $40 plan change fee, no contract
4. leave Exetel

I'm keen on option 3 but when I log on through member facilities, it only gives option 1.

How can I pay the $40 and move to the new plan without a contract ?
Try applying via email at residentialsales@exetel.com.au. They should be able to help you
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

craigj

Post by craigj » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Sent email to exetel, but waiting for reply. Thought I'd post here as well. I’m wanting to confirm some info about changing from Z/20NOTEL to OCV200/35. About mobile cap plans:

• If I change to 35 cap plan, do I have to pay $20 activation for SIM, or is that free/included?
• I have a mobile number with 3 network currently in contract until March or April. Can this number be ported over to Exetel/Optus before or after the contract ends?
• If I want one or two 19 cap plans in addition to OCV200/35, do I get the extra $10 discount/plan? Would I need to pay $20 activation for each extra SIM?

Thanks!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 pm

craigj wrote:Sent email to exetel, but waiting for reply. Thought I'd post here as well. I’m wanting to confirm some info about changing from Z/20NOTEL to OCV200/35. About mobile cap plans:

• If I change to 35 cap plan, do I have to pay $20 activation for SIM, or is that free/included?
• I have a mobile number with 3 network currently in contract until March or April. Can this number be ported over to Exetel/Optus before or after the contract ends?
• If I want one or two 19 cap plans in addition to OCV200/35, do I get the extra $10 discount/plan? Would I need to pay $20 activation for each extra SIM?

Thanks!
I think items 1 and 3 have been answered already and the answers were that there is no activation fees and the extra discount applies. I will search for the post

Edit: Here is one: viewtopic.php?p=285923#p285923 and see viewtopic.php?p=285522#p285522 for the $10 discount/plan where is says "You may like to ameliorate the ADSL price increase by signing up for a very low cost Optus mobile plan. By doing this, if it suits your needs, you will receive a $10.00 or $15.00 monthly discount on your ADSL monthly charge" and the FAQ that was added later states "Q14: In selecting a mobile service in conjunction with these new plans do I get a discount? Yes, as this is already incorporated in the OCV200/19 and OCV200/35 plans." I guess this doesn't exactly answer your question about having more than 1 such plan, but elsewhere on the forums, and before these new OCV plans were released, it was said that mobile CAP plan discounts were cumulative if you applied for multiple services
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

craigj

Post by craigj » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:I think items 1 and 3 have been answered already and the answers were that there is no activation fees and the extra discount applies. I will search for the post
How about the $20 SIM activation charge? Is that still applicable for each service (including the included /35 one)?

Thanks.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am

The first link I gave (viewtopic.php?p=285923#p285923) partially answers that one. The $20 SIM Activation doesn't apply for the plans with bundled CAP plans but I don't think there has been a forum post that talks about subsequent mobile CAP plans after the first.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
dragon wrote: would i be able to get the correct link for the AUP for the unlimited calls?
They will be up over the next few days. They will be the same as the ones on the Optus web site.
Can you provide a link to the AUP that it will be the "same as Optus" please. Optus have multiple deals, some with just $30 call value and the call costs are inflated ... 30c for a local call for starters! Optus also covers ANY GSM phone, not just Optus network, so there are differences there too.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:21 am

Affinity wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
dragon wrote: would i be able to get the correct link for the AUP for the unlimited calls?
They will be up over the next few days. They will be the same as the ones on the Optus web site.
Can you provide a link to the AUP that it will be the "same as Optus" please. Optus have multiple deals, some with just $30 call value and the call costs are inflated ... 30c for a local call for starters! Optus also covers ANY GSM phone, not just Optus network, so there are differences there too.
We will publish an AUP for free calls by COB tomorrow.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

This thread is now closed. Topic is continued at:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&p=286319#p286319