Naked users forgotten?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Re: Naked users forgotten?

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:34 pm

autron wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:If you ever want to leave Exetel and move to another provider you will find it a lot easier to do that with an active PSTN line than with a 'crippled' line.
I can't imagine why I would want to do a silly thing like that :shock:

My current plan is still pretty good value. Nobody else offers good naked plan value in the sub-$59 price ranges. It's just hard to swallow after years of thinking that naked plans are cheaper than bundled plans that the OTL-A plan includes a phone line, has more peak quota and yet is cheaper than my naked plan.
Strange but true.

As I tried to explain - Optus is charged by Telstra for a ULL service that has both PSTN and ADSL capability (unlike SSS which only has ADSL). So whether you are providing PSTN capability or not the cost of the line is the same. To 'cripple' the ULL line so there is no dial tone actually costs money - so in that way 'Naked' ADSL is more expensive than Full Service.

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Ok so how do we go about the switch?

Ronny

oldman

Post by oldman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We are getting closer to a 'final' plan for current Exetel 'Naked' plan users.

6) $60.00 per month
Would there be any separate monthly line rental component or is that all contained within the $60 per month?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 pm

oldman wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:We are getting closer to a 'final' plan for current Exetel 'Naked' plan users.

6) $60.00 per month
Would there be any separate monthly line rental component or is that all contained within the $60 per month?
The telephone line is included in the $60.00 monthly price.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 pm

rseydler wrote:Ok so how do we go about the switch?

Ronny
Once all the Optus internal issues are settled the plans will be put on the User Facilities.

oldman

Post by oldman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:06 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
oldman wrote:

6) $60.00 per month
The telephone line is included in the $60.00 monthly price.
Thanks. The plan sounds very good... I hope it comes to fruition soon.

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Back in the old days you could tell which carrier a mobile was with by the prefix... is there any way to tell these days?

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:14 pm

rseydler wrote:Back in the old days you could tell which carrier a mobile was with by the prefix... is there any way to tell these days?
I've found the follow search to be pretty accurate so far:

http://www.smsfun.com.au/mobile_lookup.php

rm555

Post by rm555 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:21 pm

1) No charge to reactivate a PSTN line on the naked service.
Will there be an option to port a VOIP number that was previously a PSTN number back to PSTN? If so, how much will it cost?

And I assume the cost to change to this plan wil be $0 as well? Or will it incur a $20 or $40 fee?

matt90

Post by matt90 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:As I tried to explain - Optus is charged by Telstra for a ULL service that has both PSTN and ADSL capability (unlike SSS which only has ADSL). So whether you are providing PSTN capability or not the cost of the line is the same. To 'cripple' the ULL line so there is no dial tone actually costs money - so in that way 'Naked' ADSL is more expensive than Full Service.
We canceled our telephone line three years ago and believe someone else took our line. Are we still eligible for the unlimited calls on VOIP? (if we don't have an available PSTN line in the first place)
Triggery wrote:I've found the follow search to be pretty accurate so far:
http://www.smsfun.com.au/mobile_lookup.php
For my number it says, "Current Network: Virgin" I changed from virgin a month and a half ago and the admin was telling us on whirlpool forums it updates almost instantly.
rm555 wrote:Will there be an option to port a VOIP number that was previously a PSTN number back to PSTN? If so, how much will it cost?

And I assume the cost to change to this plan wil be $0 as well? Or will it incur a $20 or $40 fee?
If someone hasn't taken our line, I'm in the same boat. We currently have our number on a Virgin Broadband plan and want to report it back on your services as a PSTN or VOIP number. Will both work? Apparently we tried Internode and they said we have to wait a couple of months until they could report it to their VOIP.

kefa

Post by kefa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:01 am

autron wrote:
5) 100 gb peak/180 gb off peak
6) $60.00 per month
If there is only that one plan then it would be disappointing and unattractive because the peak data on such a plan would be more than I would use for both peak and off-peak combined. I'd want a lower and cheaper plan.
100gb of data is way too much for me as well. Is there anything for guys wanting a cheaper plan?

matt90

Post by matt90 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 am

kefa wrote:100gb of data is way too much for me as well. Is there anything for guys wanting a cheaper plan?
I read earlier that it costs Exetel the same whether they offer 25gb or 100gb! So the likelihood of a cheaper plan is unlikely unless they make a cheaper plan without free calls and any other extras and just have plain naked dsl. Not everyone wants VOIP some just want a basic internet connection without the phone-line as they don't make many calls and are happy to use their mobile phone.

It would agree and say, I've calculated my earnings and such and can only afford $50 a month. Pretty tight I know but it seems this plan won't work for me. So I would agree in asking for a cheaper plan. But we cannot all win.

Col

Post by Col » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 am

1) No charge to reactivate a PSTN line on the naked service.
Is this only for this 'fusion'-type plan, or can this also be done for people wanting to move from naked to one of the existing OTL-x plans?

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 am

kefa wrote:100gb of data is way too much for me as well. Is there anything for guys wanting a cheaper plan?
If you want cheaper, then, as I understand it, you can continue to stay on your existing plan. Or "churn" to an OTL-A for about $100.

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 am

Col wrote:Is this only for this 'fusion'-type plan, or can this also be done for people wanting to move from naked to one of the existing OTL-x plans?
I wouldn't think so - it would seem Optus only agreed to waive the PSTN re-activation fees specifically for this plan.
But you never know...