New ADSL1 plans vs existing plans

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
tones

Re: New ADSL1 plans vs existing plans

Post by tones » Sat May 21, 2011 1:35 pm

In my members area it has the TCV20-50 plan with a plan change charge of $40 plus a 12 month contract.

Is this correct? All other plans have either a plan change charge or a 12 month contract.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Sat May 21, 2011 2:09 pm

tones wrote:In my members area it has the TCV20-50 plan with a plan change charge of $40 plus a 12 month contract.

Is this correct? All other plans have either a plan change charge or a 12 month contract.
Yes, this is correct.

Only for the TCV20-50 plan there is a charge of $40 for the plan change plus a 12 month contact.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

jan45

Post by jan45 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes, you have to transfer your telephone line rental/calls to Exetel - the call costs are almost certainly lower cost than your current provider so it shouldn't disadvantage you in any way - your calls should cost you less.
Sorry, but the call costs aren't always lower.
e.g. your national call cost 15c per minute plus 35c connection fee.
My current call cost to ring wide area call (not local but up to 50km away), which is where my mum lives, costs me 25c flat rate total.
This means if I talk for one hour it costs me 25c; on your rate it would be $9.35

So don't think it's fair we can't change to any plans without having to have telephone as well, where it looks to me like new customers can.

Jan

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 pm

jan45 wrote:
Yes, you have to transfer your telephone line rental/calls to Exetel - the call costs are almost certainly lower cost than your current provider so it shouldn't disadvantage you in any way - your calls should cost you less.
My current call cost to ring wide area call (not local but up to 50km away), which is where my mum lives, costs me 25c flat rate total.
This means if I talk for one hour it costs me 25c; on your rate it would be $9.35

So don't think it's fair we can't change to any plans without having to have telephone as well, where it looks to me like new customers can.

Jan
If you use VOIP for your calls instead, Jan, the call cost to your mum would be 10 cents untimed.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 pm

jan45 wrote:

Jan
It's a long, long time ago but I seem to remember that you are referring to the old 'neighbouring area' tariffs that apply to some outer areas of major capitals.

I will get someone competent to reply to you as to whether those tariffs apply to resold Telstra services - they should do.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

I understand that you didn't specifically mention the CSG but I have got over a dozen PMs so I thought I'd add it in to the next post I made.

In terms of 'changing away from Telstra' - there is no 'change away' - the rental and, lower, call costs are billed by Exetel - nothing else changes.....the resolution of any issue is, if anything, faster - you can actually get on to Exetel support much faster than you can get on to Telstra support.

But, I understand that some people don't see it that way....we can't help those people.

Do you know why your mum thinks Telstra provides something that Exetel, or any other provider, wouldn't/couldn't?

snibs

Post by snibs » Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 am

Now that I changed my plan (older plan before changes) im told it will take effect at the end of the month, is that the calender month or exetels month as in the 28th?

snibs

Post by snibs » Sun May 22, 2011 10:49 am

and speed change a day or two after that?

dbr

Post by dbr » Sun May 22, 2011 11:08 am

With respect to the 'moving away from Telstra", I suspect the CAP on STD calls are part of what they are referring to. The ~$30 per month plans have $2 for 3 hours caps after 7pm rather than just a flat call rate (yes, I know VOIP fixes this but for those uninterested, unwilling to consider VOIP then this might be an issue).
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

davo

Post by davo » Sun May 22, 2011 12:10 pm

In yesterday's Blog, JL wrote...
JL wrote:Once we do the final verification that Telstra has in fact reduced our buy price for PSTN to $24.40 a month from the current almost $31.00 per month we will be able to provide line rental at $25.00 per month.
Does that mean if I took a 12 month contract for one of the new T1.5 plans (shown on the Member's page) which requires transferring the telephone line to Exetel at a rental of $30/mth, that when the "final verification" happens, the line rental price would reduce to $25? ... or would it stay at the $30 set at the time the contract was taken out?

jan45

Post by jan45 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:01 pm

It's a long, long time ago but I seem to remember that you are referring to the old 'neighbouring area' tariffs that apply to some outer areas of major capitals.

I will get someone competent to reply to you as to whether those tariffs apply to resold Telstra services - they should do.
It is called "wide area call" and it covers up to 50km away.

I am not anywhere near a capital city -- half way between Sydney and Brisbane.

Jan

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:28 pm

davo wrote:In yesterday's Blog, JL wrote...
JL wrote:Once we do the final verification that Telstra has in fact reduced our buy price for PSTN to $24.40 a month from the current almost $31.00 per month we will be able to provide line rental at $25.00 per month.
Does that mean if I took a 12 month contract for one of the new T1.5 plans (shown on the Member's page) which requires transferring the telephone line to Exetel at a rental of $30/mth, that when the "final verification" happens, the line rental price would reduce to $25? ... or would it stay at the $30 set at the time the contract was taken out?
If the price decrease applies to the plan then all people on that plan would get the decrease.

It should be known next week whether Telstra is actually going to apply the decrease to Exetel.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:29 pm

jan45 wrote:

I am not anywhere near a capital city -- half way between Sydney and Brisbane.

Jan
Thank you - we will check it out with Telstra.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Mon May 23, 2011 11:44 am

Telstra confirmed that unfortunately this is not possible on a wholesale service.
It will stand as a timed national call for Exetel customers.

jan45

Post by jan45 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:22 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:
Telstra confirmed that unfortunately this is not possible on a wholesale service.
It will stand as a timed national call for Exetel customers.
So, back to my original post.
It would cost me way more for calls with exetel, as I explained before.
No advantages at all.

And now there are no plans that we can ever change to without phone for existing customers.
This doesn't seem fair at all.

Jan