New ADSL1 plans vs existing plans

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: New ADSL1 plans vs existing plans

Post by Gidget » Mon May 23, 2011 4:29 pm

jan45 wrote:
ExetelVoice wrote:
It is called "wide area call" and it covers up to 50km away.
Telstra confirmed that unfortunately this is not possible on a wholesale service.
It will stand as a timed national call for Exetel customers.
So, back to my original post.
It would cost me way more for calls with exetel, as I explained before.
No advantages at all.

And now there are no plans that we can ever change to without phone for existing customers.
This doesn't seem fair at all.

Jan
As per my earlier post, Jan, there is still the option to use VOIP for your phone calls, which gives you untimed 10 cent calls Australia wide.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

karinya

Post by karinya » Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Exetel, you have done it again! :( :( :( Is that the way how you are treating loyal customers ?
I am really disappointed: I was looking forward to the day that I can get the same plan you are offering to new customers. Now I have discovered that plan No T1.5-100 requires me to rent a phone line from Exetel and enter a 12 months contract whereas as a new customer only a 6 months contract without Exetel phoneline is required ! What a shame!
I am not interested to change my phone company as I get a much better deal for my overseas phones. So the solution is either to apply as a new EXETEL customer or look somewhere else for a better deal.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 pm

I have to say I am disappointed too.

There should be at least SOME plans you can change to without a new contract and phone transfer ..... surely!

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Tue May 24, 2011 9:37 am

tones wrote:In my members area it has the TCV20-50 plan with a plan change charge of $40 plus a 12 month contract.

Is this correct? All other plans have either a plan change charge or a 12 month contract.
We have changed this to be $0.

tones

Post by tones » Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 am

melanieb wrote:
tones wrote:In my members area it has the TCV20-50 plan with a plan change charge of $40 plus a 12 month contract.

Is this correct? All other plans have either a plan change charge or a 12 month contract.
Thanks Melanie... Another question...

I have already moved my Line Rental over to Exetel and am paying $20 per month for it. I noticed on the plan change page in the members section it says the line rental component is $30.

Does this mean if I change to the new plan I will also pay an extra $10 for the line rental or since I already have my line rental with Exetel it will stay at $20?

rm555

Post by rm555 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:16 am

ForumAdmin wrote:Yes, you have to transfer your telephone line rental/calls to Exetel - the call costs are almost certainly lower cost than your current provider so it shouldn't disadvantage you in any way - your calls should cost you less.
For someone on Telstra's $20.95 Homeline Budget who primarily uses either VOIP or your CAP plans for calls, switching to a $30 (or even a $25) phone plan will simply increase their monthly costs. And the fact that new customers aren't required to bundle might be seen as penalising your current customers. Maybe you can include $10 or $5 of VOIP credit if you really can't lower the monthly fee?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 am

rm555 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Yes, you have to transfer your telephone line rental/calls to Exetel - the call costs are almost certainly lower cost than your current provider so it shouldn't disadvantage you in any way - your calls should cost you less.
For someone on Telstra's $20.95 Homeline Budget who primarily uses either VOIP or your CAP plans for calls, switching to a $30 (or even a $25) phone plan will simply increase their monthly costs. And the fact that new customers aren't required to bundle might be seen as penalising your current customers. Maybe you can include $10 or $5 of VOIP credit if you really can't lower the monthly fee?
We thought the new plans were extremely well priced. They are only priced that low because the carrier is providing incentives (that allow the low cost of the plan to be offered).

An alternative would be to impose a plan change charge of some largish amount to cover the 'loss' of the carrier's cash bonus?

If you believe your current plan plus your low priced telephone line is a better deal then you should stay on that plan.

I seem to be missing the problem?

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 am

tones wrote:
melanieb wrote:

Thanks Melanie... Another question...

I have already moved my Line Rental over to Exetel and am paying $20 per month for it. I noticed on the plan change page in the members section it says the line rental component is $30.

Does this mean if I change to the new plan I will also pay an extra $10 for the line rental or since I already have my line rental with Exetel it will stay at $20?
Hi Tones,

The amount you signed up for will not change - it will remain $20.

Melanie

davo

Post by davo » Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 am

ForumAdmin wrote:I seem to be missing the problem?
This is the problem. Take the T1.5-100 plan for example.

For a new customer, it's $35/mth with NO obligation to take line rental at $30/mth.

For an existing customer, it's $35/mth WITH an obligation to take line rental at $30/mth.

So for anyone with a $20 line rental from Telstra, it will effectively cost them an extra $10/mth.

People using the $20 Telstra line rental are probably already using VOIP. So no saving in call costs.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 am

davo wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:I seem to be missing the problem?
This is the problem. Take the T1.5-100 plan for example.

For a new customer, it's $35/mth with NO obligation to take line rental at $30/mth.

For an existing customer, it's $35/mth WITH an obligation to take line rental at $30/mth.

So for anyone with a $20 line rental from Telstra, it will effectively cost them an extra $10/mth.

People using the $20 Telstra line rental are probably already using VOIP. So no saving in call costs.
New customers generate a sizable carrier bonus for Exetel which allows the price of those plans to be so low - so the two offers are not comparable.

It's an anomaly of wholesale that is based on carriers only concentrating on gaining new customers - like free or heavily discounted mobile hand sets for mobile plans.

The line rental has been reduced to $25.00 per month in line with the recent ACEMA ruling that we are now, almost sure, will reduce the price we pay Telstra for a line to $24.40 from $30.80.

davo

Post by davo » Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 am

forumadmin wrote:New customers generate a sizable carrier bonus for Exetel which allows the price of those plans to be so low - so the two offers are not comparable.

It's an anomaly of wholesale that is based on carriers only concentrating on gaining new customers - like free or heavily discounted mobile hand sets for mobile plans.
I understand.
forumadmin wrote:The line rental has been reduced to $25.00 per month in line with the recent ACEMA ruling that we are now, almost sure, will reduce the price we pay Telstra for a line to $24.40 from $30.80.
Thank you. That will do me. Will the change make it to the Members' Facitilies this month? I'm busting for a plan change.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 am

The plans are scheduled to be in the user facilities before the end of this month.

davo

Post by davo » Wed May 25, 2011 10:55 am

forumadmin wrote:The plans are scheduled to be in the user facilities before the end of this month.
The plans are already in the User Facilities, but the $25 line rental isn't - it says $30. That's what's got everyone upset.

rm555

Post by rm555 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:39 am

ForumAdmin wrote:We thought the new plans were extremely well priced. They are only priced that low because the carrier is providing incentives (that allow the low cost of the plan to be offered).
They are. They're actually so good that most, if not all, of your current customers on Telstra hardware will want to switch to them.
An alternative would be to impose a plan change charge of some largish amount to cover the 'loss' of the carrier's cash bonus?
This might be the only option for those who are on landline/mobile/foxtel bundles on long contracts.

Maybe instead of imposing the phone bundling you could have priced the plans slightly higher then offered a bundling "discount" if they switch their phone to Exetel similar to what Telstra, Internode iiNet, etc. are doing.

The incentives to new customers could be passed on by offering free/discounted activation for new services and for churns a free transfer charge and a one-off or staggered discount on ADSL plan prices throughout the term of the initial contract. It would make your plans more attractive to new customers yet avoids having different pricing stuctures for new and current customers.

snibs

Post by snibs » Wed May 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Am I seeing this right? in my user panel change plan page, I can now get a 8 meg, 120 gig plan for $60 per month on a 6 month contract and the phone transfer is "optional"?
also, since I signed up a few days ago at $65 a month, does this mean Im going to have to pay another $40 to change to the new $60 price? I don't change until the end of the month.
Thanks.