Customer Referral Program Benefits

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
melanieb
Exetel Staff

Customer Referral Program Benefits

Post by melanieb » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am

Hi All,

We are wanting to put together an enticing Customer Referral program to help sell our Optus OT and OF ADSL2+ plans.

The promotion will run for a month or so, and will only apply to these Optus plans. What we would like to know is what you would like to see as the benefits.

For example:

1. what benefit do you want as a customer referring someone?
2. what benefit do you think your friends/family/colleagues would like to receive as the person being referred?

We look forward to your feedback.

Melanie.

vbap

Re: Customer Referral Program Benefits

Post by vbap » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am

Current promotion is 3 free months for new customers.

So one option could be to split this between the new customer and the referring customer. 2 free months for the new customer, and 1 free month for the referrer (implemented as a credit, to a maximum value of the new customer's monthly plan cost).

I could get a year's free telco bundle by referring 12 new customers!

(I don't know what commissions agents get, so maybe this is a bit greedy! - in any case, I think a simple credit to the referrer works best).

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm

not sure if its possible but a small discount paid each month to the referrer for the life of the plan and a 1 off upfront discount for the referee seems like a good idea to me. This does 2 things:

1) rewards the customer upfront for joining which can sometimes offset any change over fees or joining fees
2) rewards the referrer not just once off but ongoing which can in turn encourage long term loyalty and keeping them a customer

ie $30 once off for the new person joining and $2 or thereabouts per month for the person who referred the new customer. May not seem like much but over a year this works out to be $24 but as you refer more and more people this discount adds up and can be incentive for people to keep referring more people. Refer 10 people and you receive $20 off your monthly bill for the life of your plan. But the benefit to exetel is you have 10 more people as customers who in turn may refer new people and so on.

Well you get the idea.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 pm

not sure if its possible but a small discount paid each month to the referrer for the life of the plan and a 1 off upfront discount for the referee seems like a good idea to me. This does 2 things:

1) rewards the customer upfront for joining which can sometimes offset any change over fees or joining fees
2) rewards the referrer not just once off but ongoing which can in turn encourage long term loyalty and keeping them a customer

ie $30 once off for the new person joining and $2 or thereabouts per month for the person who referred the new customer. May not seem like much but over a year this works out to be $24 but as you refer more and more people this discount adds up and can be incentive for people to keep referring more people. Refer 10 people and you receive $20 off your monthly bill for the life of your plan. But the benefit to exetel is you have 10 more people as customers who in turn may refer new people and so on.

Well you get the idea.
Thanks for your feed back :D . We will keep you updated via this thread.