Customer Referral Scheme

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Customer Referral Scheme

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

The largest source of new Exetel customers are recommendations from friends, family or colleagues.

Exetel has recognised this huge contribution from our customers over the years by providing various 'rewards' to those customers who recommend Exete to other people who subsequently sign up for an Exetel ADSL plan.

As you may know, Optus is currently providing unusually high incentives to Exetel for signing up new customers. This incentive program will end on 31st July.

We are considering replacing this program with a new customer referral program by providing a significantly higher incentive than the current $30.00.

We would welcome your suggestions as to just how this new program should be positioned in terms of incentive to the recommender and the recommendee.

woodwa

Re: Customer Referral Scheme

Post by woodwa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm

That $100 would be gerat as a national brand of shopping gift cards.....

it might even make me work harder to recomend people.. :)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 pm

woodwa wrote:That $100 would be gerat as a national brand of shopping gift cards.....

You would prefer shopping vouchers over credits to your Exetel account?

woodwa

Post by woodwa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: You would prefer shopping vouchers over credits to your Exetel account?
When Put like that no....

but there is something about getting a credit to an account vs tangible goods in your hand.. if I was to get $100 off my account or have shopping vouchers its really all the same but there is the play on the mind of getting FREE STUFF!! where the internet is such an intangible service..

-kevin

Post by -kevin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:52 pm

It's only a very small thing but some people might have their boss paying their internet bill as part of a work agreement. (Or they can claim internet as a tax deduction)
Therefore something they get (rather than their boss or the ATO) like a gift card might be more of an incentive. But then exetel can't really automate sending gift cards as easy as an invoice credit.
Just a thought ...

pinoyako07

Post by pinoyako07 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Great idea, but what about the people that are on the telstra adsl2+ plan. Do we get rewards when we recommend and sign our friends up?

Col

Post by Col » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Plus if you managed to buy gift cards in bulk you might be able to get a discount on them and therefore could offer $120 of gift cards for your $100. While I would be happier for the credit to come onto my account and then redirect my own money where ever I want, perhaps giving options on how you redeem the reward (like gift cards etc) might be an interesting take on things, especially if you refer a lot of people and the recommender credit takes months to be used up - some people might like the idea of getting something sooner.

But back to the main question... I think I would prefer something close to a 50/50 split.

aussierod

Post by aussierod » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I would have referred dozens by now from my websites, but I haven't simply because I don't want strangers knowing my home phone number.

Come up with a better private way to match me to those I refer and I'd be happy with the $30 a pop.

Col

Post by Col » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 pm

aussierod wrote:I would have referred dozens by now from my websites, but I haven't simply because I don't want strangers knowing my home phone number.

Come up with a better private way to match me to those I refer and I'd be happy with the $30 a pop.
There is the lite agent program. I would much prefer to use it too for privacy reasons if these same offers can be done with that program as well as the standard referral program.

aussierod

Post by aussierod » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Look into using Bitcoins for referral rewards as well.
It is the year 2011 after all. Keep up or fall behind. PayPal is so yesterday.

12r9bLQaxaLxaTStStcANwuwb3BhsVT2PQ
Last edited by aussierod on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
woodwa wrote:That $100 would be gerat as a national brand of shopping gift cards.....

You would prefer shopping vouchers over credits to your Exetel account?
I would like credits on my account, that or Exetel shares :D
Munka

machine

Post by machine » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 pm

That may be great incentives from Optus,
but Optus has REFUSED to sign up anyone in my neighbour hood
So get stuffed Optus

Col

Post by Col » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Munka wrote:I would like credits on my account, that or Exetel shares :D
How about we are given the choice to reinvest into an Exetel advertising program, and when people who choose the advertising program as the source of where they heard about Exetel (or perhaps there can be a special promo code) when they sign up the referring credit gets split up between the 'shareholders'. With an advertising program we could spread the word even further than we could just by ourselves.

A lot of people would need to opt into it for there to be sufficient capital though I guess, and with that the profits would be split up into smaller and smaller pieces.

Edit: This is too complicated a scheme to be tied into the referral program I'd say, but as a totally separate scheme where any Exetel customer could choose to invest (not only just from referral credits) into a virtual Exetel share market, designed to fund advertising initiatives, and shareholders get the dividends. I'm totally off my rocker perhaps, but just putting it out there.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Col wrote:
Munka wrote:I would like credits on my account, that or Exetel shares :D
How about we are given the choice to reinvest into an Exetel advertising program
Col, advertising for Exetel would be a waste of money.
Seriously, I have laboured in that area for years and it works for some people and some products, but I dont think that's what Exetel is about, and to do a campaign successfully you need BIG dollars.
The most effective ad campaigns are those driven by 'word of mouth'.Being the 'geek' in an extended family I know it all to well.
I would rather get a shares in Exetel :D or a bonus scheme that splits the benefit between me and the new user.
Win Win, and no idiots in an ad agency skimming the cream.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

smellars

Post by smellars » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 pm

It's not take take take, wouldn't it be good to offer the referred customer a discount instead of us existing members. Weight it up to make it good for both!