Customer Referral Scheme

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Re: Customer Referral Scheme

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:58 pm

dallas wrote:I'm always in favour of a user benefit scheme. Maybe the benefit could be a period of free access linked to the plan chosen, therefore the better the plan the higher the benefit.
That could be done - with a bit of difficulty.

Current thinking, taking in to consideration the ideas to date, is to include some months free for the person you sign up and some money credit to the referrer.

That could be four to six months free for the referee and $60.00 to $100.00 for the referrer.

No limit on the number of referrals.

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:12 pm

I feel stupid that I referred my family to Exetel (signed up for new Optus ADSL 2+ incl. phone) just ONE DAY before 21st July! What was the day when Exetel sent me the e-mail about the $100 per Optus signup... :x

Should I hope that I'll get $100 bonus incentive, or tell my parents to cancel that application and re-do it later this month? :?

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 am

ChristopherB wrote:Is the new Customer Referral Scheme proposed to be additional to the current new customer offering of nil ADSL charge for months 1-3 and 9-12?

If you are contemplating a change to that offering when do you envisage you would make the change?

Many thanks for offering us the ability to provide feedback to you. This is just not possible with other large telcos (or most other consumer based companies). I really appreciate the engagement you have with customers and the willingness to be frank with the issues confronting Exetel (both good and bad). Keep it up! It certainly engenders a very high level of loyalty from me and I assume many other customers as well.

Many thanks to all at Exetel (especially the guys in Sri Lanka who are so very helpful whenever I have any queries).

Kind regards,

Chris
Hi Chris,

We hope to continue the current 6 month free ADSL2+ Charge offering on top of the referral bonus with greater value. However as the website states, the 6 month free offer for new customers will end 31st of July 2011, what comes after that will be a hopeful combination of referral credit and referee free months - just sorting out what is financially viable to all parties involved, and something that will be as tempting to the new customer as it is to the existing customer (referrer).

We are grateful that our customers take the time to respond to our ideas and questions and provide useful suggestions. Your compliments and feedback are appreciated.

stahmoy wrote:I feel stupid that I referred my family to Exetel (signed up for new Optus ADSL 2+ incl. phone) just ONE DAY before 21st July! What was the day when Exetel sent me the e-mail about the $100 per Optus signup... :x

Should I hope that I'll get $100 bonus incentive, or tell my parents to cancel that application and re-do it later this month? :?
Hi Stahmoy,

This is a question only you would know the answer too. We can’t comment right now on the value of the bonus incentive, but we envisage that it will be more than the initial offer of $30. We are trying to strike a balance between the offer on the Optus ADSL2+ plans to new customers as well as an attractive incentive for existing customers to refer their friends and family. Details of this new referral offer should be unveiled sometime this week.

aybiss wrote:Pity you didn't take care of your resellers.
Hi Aybiss,

If by resellers you are referring to the Exetel agent program – that is something we are looking in to this week as well. We can’t promise anything at the moment, but we are trying to offer a similar incentive where possible to resellers on our Optus ADSL2+ plans as well. Hopefully we will finalise those details sometime this week as well. Will keep you posted. In the meantime I hope you have noticed the updated agent portal, we have connected the portal to all our existing plans as offered on the Exetel website and we are introducing some new agent only plans as well.

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

After much thought and after taking on board the suggestions provided in this thread - we have decided on a 50% - 50% offering - where the new customer will possibly receive 6 months free on the Optus ADSL2+ Plans and the referee will receive $75 upfront for the referral.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

ChristopherB

Post by ChristopherB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I think the 50:50 split is a fair apportionment of the new customer bonus provided by Optus. It would be socially awkward to have a split in favour of the referer over the new customer, so I think you have chosen the division of the bonus well.

I quite like the idea of the offering for the new customer remaining at nil ADSL change for 6 months. I like this idea as I presume Optus front-load the bonus for Exetel, and thus for new customers a nil ADSL change for 6 of the 12 months of the contract is better than a lower monthly ADSL charge for 12 months which then needs to be increased to market rates at the end of the contract.

Are you looking to retain the nil ADSL change months as months 1-3 and 9-12?

For the referer are you are looking at a $75 Exetel account credit which is consumed by the PSTN/ADSL charge each month?

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 am

ChristopherB wrote:I quite like the idea of the offering for the new customer remaining at nil ADSL change for 6 months. Are you looking to retain the nil ADSL change months as months 1-3 and 9-12?
For the referer are you are looking at a $75 Exetel account credit which is consumed by the PSTN/ADSL charge each month?
Morning ChristopherB,

A few changes have happened since my last post and we believe that $100 referral credit and 2 months free Optus ADSL2+ monthly charge would probably be a better way to go, as in fact it is our existing customers who have gotten us (Exetel) this far, and repaying customer loyalty is probably the best way to go. The 6 months free ADSL2+ offer on the Exetel website will most certainly end on the 31st of July 2011, hence the customer you/anyone refers will have the incentive of 2 free months – the ADSL2+ monthly charge (which will be the 1st and the 12th month of a 12 month contract).

So the $100 credit will be towards your bill and be credited against the sum of any service you have with us (eg: ADSL, PSTN, VoIP, SMS, Fax, Mobile Broadband etc). The more customers you refer the greater the likelihood of you not having to pay your Exetel internet related bill for a while.

ChristopherB

Post by ChristopherB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Only 2 months nil ADSL charge for new customers! Doesn't really compare very well to the current (well at least until midnight tonight - 31 July 2011) 7 months free ADSL charge for referred new customers, but I guess we are in very interesting times in the whole Telstra vs Optus game (at least for July). Is there any chance Optus will look at the Exetel new customer acquisition numbers for July and continue the 7 months offer in August?

$100 for referers is great, but as previously stated my preference was for a more equal spread of the benefit.

The current $30 for referer and 7 months free ADSL change for new customers is obviously a vastly superior deal.

Best of luck with the deliberations and negotiations.

Kind regards, Chris

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 am

ChristopherB wrote:Doesn't really compare very well to the current 7 months free ADSL charge for referred new customers. Is there any chance Optus will look at the Exetel new customer acquisition numbers for July and continue the 7 months offer in August? The current $30 for referer and 7 months free ADSL change for new customers is obviously a vastly superior deal.
The two deals are actually quite on par in terms of dollar figures being given away to new/existing Exetel customers - however they differentiate on who gets the bigger benefit - in this case (August referral promotion) it is the existing customer. As you may have noticed Exetel no longer offers the 6 months free to new customers on the Exetel website – hence receiving 2 free months may be an incentive for new customers that have been referred by a friend. At this stage we are unable to confirm whether Optus will extend the offer or provide us with a better offer next month, however we think the $100 referral will be an added incentive for existing customers to bring their friends along to Exetel. Perhaps you could share a bit of your bounty with your friend in addition to the 2 months in a bid to get them to hop on board with Exetel internet :D

ChristopherB

Post by ChristopherB » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 am

Dear Piyumi,
Many thanks for your explanations and replies to my posts.
My maths on the comparison of the July vs August referral promotions (total benefit basis, ignoring the split between referrer & new customer) was based on OF-20 which gives:
July: 7 * $29.5 + $30 = $236.5
August: 2 * 29.5 + $100 = $159
A difference of $77.5 All the other OT or OF plans except the OT20 plan give the same or greater differentials.
I guess nothing lasts forever and if you see something you like, then grab it! I ended up referring my brother to Exetel at 11.30pm on 31 July!
Kind regards, Chris

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 pm

ChristopherB wrote: A difference of $77.5 All the other OT or OF plans except the OT20 plan give the same or greater differentials.
I guess nothing lasts forever and if you see something you like, then grab it! I ended up referring my brother to Exetel at 11.30pm on 31 July!
Hi Chris,
Your definitely right in terms of value - but we have to do the financials based on the cost to us from our supplier - in that aspect the two deals are on par. The only difference was the first deal - we used revenue generated from PSTN rental and that's the only way we were able to give away 7 months free ADSL2+ charge. And as you have mentioned - nothing lasts forever, and we can only give away what we have at hand which is bounty from our supplier - which, rest assured, we are passing straight on to our customers. Really glad that you managed to sign your brother up through the referral scheme and I only hope you will be able to do the same to take up the new offer of $100 referral credit. Truly beneficial when it comes to not paying your bills for a few months/many months depending on how many customers you sign up :)

machine

Post by machine » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Even Better Customer Referral Benefits!

$100 for YOU and 2 months FREE for your friend

You will be credited $100 on your next bill, and the person you referred will get 2 free months in their ADSL2+ Monthly Charge (month 1 and 12).

Hi,

does the $100 credit apply just to the next bill, or until the $100 has been exceeded?

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 pm

machine wrote:Even Better Customer Referral Benefits!

$100 for YOU and 2 months FREE for your friend

You will be credited $100 on your next bill, and the person you referred will get 2 free months in their ADSL2+ Monthly Charge (month 1 and 12).

Hi,

does the $100 credit apply just to the next bill, or until the $100 has been exceeded?

Thanks
Until it has been used up.

machine

Post by machine » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks

jpm

Post by jpm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi,

Does the customer referral scheme apply to applications made before 31 August even if they are not provisioned and accepted until after 31st August?

Because my friends current month with another provider end on the 28th August, so he doesn't want to disconnect that 'til near that date, but given that provisioning the new connection may take 10 days, he wouldn't be connected 'til september.

Thanks

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:00 pm

jpm wrote:Hi,

Does the customer referral scheme apply to applications made before 31 August even if they are not provisioned and accepted until after 31st August?

Because my friends current month with another provider end on the 28th August, so he doesn't want to disconnect that 'til near that date, but given that provisioning the new connection may take 10 days, he wouldn't be connected 'til september.

Thanks
As long as the order is submitted on or before 31/08/11, you'd qualify for the referral scheme.