A-30 plan availablility for current customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
butwhy

A-30 plan availablility for current customers

Post by butwhy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi,

I've been on the $25 D/21BYOLINE plan since 2009 and at the beginning of the year, Exetel imposed a $10 "Service Surcharge" to bring it to a total price of $35 per month for a measly 5GB.

I notice that the A-30 (30GB) plan is now available. However, sales tells me that it is not available for me to change to, and that the only way for me to get onto it is to cancel my connection completely, and then re-establish a new ADSL2 connection. This is ridiculous. TPG does have a similar plan for $30 per month(50GB), and if the A-30 plan isn't made available I may have to change to that option.

I've been very happy with the Exetel service, and would prefer to stay, but will be forced to go if your company isn't competitive. I've paid the "Service Surcharge" for way too long.

ForumAdmin

Re: A-30 plan availablility for current customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 am

The revised AAPT based plans will be made available to AAPT infrastructure users by the end of this week.

We assumed that the new Optus plans were so much better than the new APPT plans that no-one would be interested in the AAPT plans if they had a choice.

butwhy

Post by butwhy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 am

That is great news!

I would consider optus plans but despite being able to select it in the members section, provisioning says it isn't available at my exchange:(

nucari

Post by nucari » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Are these plans available for members yet or are they still coming? They are not showing up in my members area.

I was on an AAPT-based plan until June this year and since then have changed to a Telstra TCV plan. I would very much like to change back to an AAPT-based plan if possible because I am now getting frequent drop outs and the line speed has reduced.

butwhy

Post by butwhy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Its not available to my account yet :-( I guess there's a few hours left in the day.

I wonder if they'll offer the free plan change as they are doing with their other plans :-)

xln747

Post by xln747 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi People, any further information on this. I would also like to be able to access the new AAPT plans and I have a current AAPT connection.
Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:36 am

I have asked the sysadmin responsible to respond.

soaper

Post by soaper » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:I have asked the sysadmin responsible to respond.
thank you

i am on AAPT and am happy to stay there .
i have run with it for some months out of contract waiting to see if i move house.
it might happen that i do a sort of last minute desperate deal tomorrow..........or it might not.
tomorrow is my last try at trying to deal with this situation and i down tools and stay home if i can make it happen :roll:

i am willing to contract today if there is no fee to join before 12 mn .
if if there is a fee....... then i might as well wait to after tomorrow and pay the fee assuming it applies.
and not risk a early termination fee..... which i suppose is $100..... if i did sell

i knew i was cutting it fine but didnt imagine i would cut it quite so fine
sigh

thanks
i do like all the choices we have in suppliers and plans 8)

soaper

Post by soaper » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:42 pm

any updates for us to move to the new AAPT before midnight?

i didnt realise that we had to put the phone thro exetel til i just picked it up now on the plan info .
my AAPT current plan dosnt have that requirement.
does it involve any issues in terms of time down or difficulty in porting the number to another address later??
i want to keep my number no matter what

thanks

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am

The AAPT member’s facility has now been updated to allow upgrades to the new AAPT plans as offered on the Exetel website. The cost of changing plans is FREE ($0). If you are changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved. Please ensure that you have submitted a plan change request two clear business days before the next billing date.
soaper wrote: i didnt realise that we had to put the phone thro exetel til i just picked it up now on the plan info .
my AAPT current plan dosnt have that requirement.does it involve any issues in terms of time down or difficulty in porting the number to another address later??
i want to keep my number no matter what.
The requirement to have a phone line with Exetel is optional – and there is a choice which allows you to select “ Do not include Telephone Service” – which means you do not have to port your number across unless you chose to do so. The advertised telephone line plan at $25.00 on a 12 month contract is quite competitive and an attractive offer, hence if you chose to select the “Include Telephone Service” you will be authorising a transfer of your existing telephone number. There will be about 15 minutes down time to the service.

soaper

Post by soaper » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

thank you
looking good

will sit out house sale or not .... and re contract if i stay here :)

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 am

nucari wrote: I was on an AAPT-based plan until June this year and since then have changed to a Telstra TCV plan. I would very much like to change back to an AAPT-based plan if possible because I am now getting frequent drop outs and the line speed has reduced.
Until you decide whether to get on an AAPT plan or not - have you raised the drop out issue with Exetel support? If not please send me your service number (i.e. telephone number) to piyumik@exetel.com.au or call 0280301000 and speak to Exetel support staff.

butwhy

Post by butwhy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 pm

PiyumiK wrote:The AAPT member’s facility has now been updated to allow upgrades to the new AAPT plans as offered on the Exetel website. The cost of changing plans is FREE ($0). If you are changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved. Please ensure that you have submitted a plan change request two clear business days before the next billing date.

Thank you so much! I have put in my request to change to the A-30 plan. I did select the "no phone" option, but for some reason on my order confirmation screen it talked about a telephone rental of $25. Hopefully this is not the case, as I want to stay with my current telephone provider.

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 pm

butwhy wrote:I have put in my request to change to the A-30 plan. I did select the "no phone" option, but for some reason on my order confirmation screen it talked about a telephone rental of $25. Hopefully this is not the case, as I want to stay with my current telephone provider.
Glad everything went smoothly so far :) . Disregard the text in the agreement section - that is just standard text applicable to users who choose to port their line across to Exetel. Keep me posted though if anything does happen to your existing telephone number, it should not be the case though.

butwhy

Post by butwhy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 pm

How long will the plan change take to come into effect (ie do I have to wait till the next billing month?) And will there be any down time?