Can't change ADSL plan without signing up for another year..

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
thomashouseman

Can't change ADSL plan without signing up for another year..

Post by thomashouseman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,

I wish to change ADSL plan as I'm on the OTAW plan, but now the 12 months is up and I've paid off the modem, you wish to charge me $10 for the "free" wireless part of this plan. ( https://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index ... -Ever.html )

Unfortunately, all the ADSL plan choices available to me in Member Facilities area involve a new 12 month contract.

Would it be possible to get a few choices made available that don't involve a new 12 month contract? I've been with Exetel since your first month of customer operations and been an Optus ADSL 2+ customer since your beta testing trials. I don't really want to sign up for another 12 months as I have no idea if we'll be at the current residence for another 12 months and besides, after being connected to Optus infrastructure for 4 or 5 years I feel I shouldn't need to sign up for 12 additional months again.

Thanks,

T.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Can't change ADSL plan without signing up for another ye

Post by rukshani » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:23 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Hi,

I wish to change ADSL plan as I'm on the OTAW plan, but now the 12 months is up and I've paid off the modem, you wish to charge me $10 for the "free" wireless part of this plan. ( https://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index ... -Ever.html )

Unfortunately, all the ADSL plan choices available to me in Member Facilities area involve a new 12 month contract.

Would it be possible to get a few choices made available that don't involve a new 12 month contract? I've been with Exetel since your first month of customer operations and been an Optus ADSL 2+ customer since your beta testing trials. I don't really want to sign up for another 12 months as I have no idea if we'll be at the current residence for another 12 months and besides, after being connected to Optus infrastructure for 4 or 5 years I feel I shouldn't need to sign up for 12 additional months again.

Thanks,

T.
I have passed your query on to an Exetel sales representative, who will advise you this shortly.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Hi,

Thanks,

T.
If you check the plans that are currently offered, you would notice that they are much better than the plans offered in the past. Due to the low cost set out for these services, our suppliers assign a time frame/ contract period of 12 months. We greatly value your loyalty towards Exetel. However, Regret to inform that the fixed contract term can not be can not be removed.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:36 am

Gah, how ridiculous. I regret changing to OTAW as the "Free" wireless never was. Please make available some plans that are "slightly less better" but don't involve a 12 month contract. If I could stay on that with the free wireless component included I'd be happy enough but no, you want me to continue paying off my HSPA modem even though I've made > 12 repayments on it. I think it's about time Exetel fulfilled their half of the agreement don't you?

T.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Gah, how ridiculous. I regret changing to OTAW as the "Free" wireless never was. Please make available some plans that are "slightly less better" but don't involve a 12 month contract. If I could stay on that with the free wireless component included I'd be happy enough but no, you want me to continue paying off my HSPA modem even though I've made > 12 repayments on it. I think it's about time Exetel fulfilled their half of the agreement don't you?

T.
Please note that plans can not be customized. The 12 month contract term will apply if you wish to change plans. Please check your nominated email address for options that are available for you.