Optus Out Of Contract Customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ForumAdmin

Optus Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:04 pm

We have maintained a policy for over five years of not asking current users to move from the plans they currently use when we introduce new plans. This is not a process unique to Exetel - it is quite common among internet providers.

However, after five years we have 'accumulated' far too many 'old' plans which is making our data base too cumbersome and we will have to do something about that.

We will have to ask all of our Optus customers on plans that re are than 12 months old to move to a current Optus based Exetel plan prior to November 30th 2011.

However, if any customer believes that staying on their current plan suits them better than moving to any of Exetel's newer plans then for the next two month we will allow them to do that if they re-sign for their current plan for a further twelve month period.

Those current customers affected will receive an email outlining more details of just how this will work over the next few days. They will also notice on the user facilities that a 'button' will be added to the page that displays their current plan's details that will allow them to re-new their old plan for a further 12 months.

If any Optus/Exetel user wishes to change to any current Exetel/Optus ADSL2 plan then they can also do that at any time between now and Midnight on 27th November 2011.

After midnight on November 27th 2011 those users who have not re-signed on their old plan (on a twelve month contract) or changed to current Optus/Exetel ADSL plan or moved away from Exetel to another ISP will be automatically moved to a current Optus/Exetel plan at the same or closest monthly charge and conditions to their 'old' plan.

lkml2000

Re: Optus Out Of Contract Customers

Post by lkml2000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:36 pm

My contact ends 30 Nov11, would I be moved to another plan on Dec?

No - because you are not out of contract - but you should consider reviewing your options.

harryL

Post by harryL » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 am

Does this include PAYU plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 am

harryL wrote:Does this include PAYU plans?
All plans that are no longer current and out of contract.

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

lkml2000 wrote:My contact ends 30 Nov11, would I be moved to another plan on Dec?

No - because you are not out of contract - but you should consider reviewing your options.
I would like to re-contact for another 12 month with my current plan. But seems it is not an option as I am not OUT OF CONTRACT YET.

My question is whether I can still stay with my current plan after Dec. or not?

If I would NOT be allowed to stay with my current plan. AND I am not out of contract YET, so I cannot re-contrtact under the current plan before 27Nov; that means I have to switch to one of the newer plans after December. Is this correct?

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

lkml2000 wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:My contact ends 30 Nov11, would I be moved to another plan on Dec?

I would like to re-contact for another 12 month with my current plan. But seems it is not an option as I am not OUT OF CONTRACT YET.

My question is whether I can still stay with my current plan after Dec. or not?

If I would NOT be allowed to stay with my current plan. AND I am not out of contract YET, so I cannot re-contrtact under the current plan before 27Nov; that means I have to switch to one of the newer plans after December. Is this correct?

Thanks
You will have the opportunity to re-contact your current plan once your contract has expired.

By tomorrow there will be a 'button' on your current plan page that will allow you to extend your current plan for 12 months simply by clicking on it.

This button will not appear until you are out of contract.

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:...is making our data base too cumbersome...
As a developer, I am curious as to why this would be the case? My [simplistic] view would be that adding a plan to your database would be "set and forget".

Is it a billing issue? System performance? Or is it a case of managing your website/member services for old plans (too many if-then-else situations!)?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:22 pm

vbap wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:...is making our data base too cumbersome...
As a developer, I am curious as to why this would be the case? My [simplistic] view would be that adding a plan to your database would be "set and forget".

Is it a billing issue? System performance? Or is it a case of managing your website/member services for old plans (too many if-then-else situations!)?
We do a large amount of 'second by second' reporting and having unnecessary sort permutations is slowing some of these real time reporting functions.

Zoner

Post by Zoner » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 pm

"Customers who do not recontract by this date will automatically be placed on our newer OT or OF Optus ADSL2+ plans which will match the monthly spend you are currently on, extra costs may apply if this is to occur"

So if we don't want to renew our contract and you will automatically transfer us to a new plan, will we have to go on a new contract that way as well? What are the extra costs?

harryL

Post by harryL » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Assuming I elect to change to a newer plan, do the "change of plan" fees apply?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 am

Zoner wrote:"Customers who do not recontract by this date will automatically be placed on our newer OT or OF Optus ADSL2+ plans which will match the monthly spend you are currently on, extra costs may apply if this is to occur"

So if we don't want to renew our contract and you will automatically transfer us to a new plan, will we have to go on a new contract that way as well? What are the extra costs?
1) All 'new' contracts are twelve months.

2) I don't know what 'may be extra costs' means - as far as I know there aren't any.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 am

harryL wrote:Assuming I elect to change to a newer plan, do the "change of plan" fees apply?
No.

Zoner

Post by Zoner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:57 am

This is problematic. I'm out of contract and was planning to move in the next 6 months. Now I have to go on a new contract. When I move it will be the early termination fee plus the relocation fee, $190...is that correct?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Zoner wrote:This is problematic. I'm out of contract and was planning to move in the next 6 months. Now I have to go on a new contract. When I move it will be the early termination fee plus the relocation fee, $190...is that correct?
Under current circumstances that would be correct. However under the new procedures that Exetel will be introducing in the near future there will be no early cancellation charge if you re-locate the Optus service to another Exetel ADSL service.

Zoner

Post by Zoner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 pm

That sounds good. If that's the case, I am happy to stay. Am I able to get a written confirmation I won't be charged an early termination fee in March 2012 when I move?