Optus Out Of Contract Customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Aaphid

Re: Optus Out Of Contract Customers

Post by Aaphid » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:06 pm

OK I get it. We all have to go to new 12 month contracts regardless of how long we have been with Exetel.

I notice that you have written here that there is no "change of plan" fees involved. Does that mean no line activation fee? If it doesn't then I noted that last month there was no line activation fee for changing plans. Can this be brought back for those of us who now wish to comply with the request emailed to us last week?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am

Aaphid wrote:OK I get it. We all have to go to new 12 month contracts regardless of how long we have been with Exetel.

I notice that you have written here that there is no "change of plan" fees involved. Does that mean no line activation fee? If it doesn't then I noted that last month there was no line activation fee for changing plans. Can this be brought back for those of us who now wish to comply with the request emailed to us last week?
The offer at the moment is to simply re-contract your current Optus plan for a further twelve months. No fees are applicable.

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 pm

The offer at the moment is to simply re-contract your current Optus plan for a further twelve months. No fees are applicable.
Maybe I should rephrase the question.

The current offer is to re-contract our existing plan for 12 months. But if I'm going to go onto a 12 month contract I may as well change over to one of the cheaper plans.

Last month changing to these was free. Can this offer (free change of plan) be made available to people on the old plans in light of the new email sent last week?

Obviously if we had the current email sent to us last month many of us would have taken up the changeover. Personally the only reason I didn't take it up is because I don't want a new contract. Now of course we don't have that choice.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Yes, you still have great plans, and I'll be staying, but this whole forcing EVERY customer back onto a 12 month plan is a bit rude.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Yes, you still have great plans, and I'll be staying, but this whole forcing EVERY customer back onto a 12 month plan is a bit rude.
Thomas,

These are quite unusual times with quite unusual 'methods of behaviour' - someone less kind than me might suggest that some providers have lost most of the remaining traces of reason they may have once possessed.

Anyway - ours not to reason why - in this case we certainly don't have to die but we do have to accept other people's lack of reason and ensure our insistence on only sane decision making doesn't get in the way of allowing something that might, long ago, be recognised as a semblance of profit.

If any current customer leaves Exetel and signs up with another provider I would doubt that any of such ISPs would offer less than a twelve month contract. In that respect I don't see that any Exetel customer is in any way disadvantaged by entering in to a 12 month contract.....and of course if a 12 month contract with another company is prefereable then there is absolutely no problem.

I agree it's a very strange scenario but that is the sort of quasi business world we seem to be living in these days - if it's any comfort I don't understand it either.

By re-signing for a twelve month contract you will be doing Exetel a major service - for which everyone at Exetel thanks you.

If you can't bring yourself to do that then we fully understand and we thank you for your presence here over the years which we will miss.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Aaphid wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase the question.

The current offer is to re-contract our existing plan for 12 months. But if I'm going to go onto a 12 month contract I may as well change over to one of the cheaper plans.

Last month changing to these was free. Can this offer (free change of plan) be made available to people on the old plans in light of the new email sent last week?

Obviously if we had the current email sent to us last month many of us would have taken up the changeover. Personally the only reason I didn't take it up is because I don't want a new contract. Now of course we don't have that choice.
I think the plan change charges will be removed in due course.

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks Admin. The charges disappeared last night. I also don't understand why the contracts are being put in place but I do still support Exetel.

I've just signed up for another 12 months.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:40 am

Aaphid wrote:
Thanks Admin. The charges disappeared last night. I also don't understand why the contracts are being put in place but I do still support Exetel.

I've just signed up for another 12 months.
Thank you for your continuing support.

I would like to be able to give you "chapter and verse" of why this re-contract process is necessary but it is not possible.

benwilson

Post by benwilson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm finding a few inconsistencies with all of this on my member pages - according to my records I went on to a T8-50 plan at the start of July on a six-month contract. The 'Renew Plan' button is visible to me despite being only four months into that contract. As well, the 'Cost of Plan Change - New Contract' heading under the 'Change Service' tab indicates zero cost to go to a TCV20-REGION-50 plan, but when I click on the apply button the new page shows a $20 charge. I have no option but to go with Telstra if I want ADSL2 as the Wodonga exchange has no Optus ADSL2 enabled (I would love to be able to choose the AF-100 plan!), but obviously want to minimise the cost.

A few other things - when it states 'Free upgrade to an ADSL2+ or 8Mbps plan when you bring your Telephone Service to Exetel' does this include Telstra ADSL2? it isn't listed as ADSL2+, and that plus sign might be significant, or not. I've seen elsewhere that the monthly phone charge is $20 but on the Change Plan page it shows (Telstra) as $25 - more than Homeline Budget - and call costs are irrelevant as I use VoIP anyway.

As a result of all of this I end up sitting on my hands, making no decisions.

sable

Post by sable » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:03 pm

benwilson wrote:I'm finding a few inconsistencies with all of this on my member pages - according to my records I went on to a T8-50 plan at the start of July on a six-month contract. The 'Renew Plan' button is visible to me despite being only four months into that contract. As well, the 'Cost of Plan Change - New Contract' heading under the 'Change Service' tab indicates zero cost to go to a TCV20-REGION-50 plan, but when I click on the apply button the new page shows a $20 charge. I have no option but to go with Telstra if I want ADSL2 as the Wodonga exchange has no Optus ADSL2 enabled (I would love to be able to choose the AF-100 plan!), but obviously want to minimise the cost.

A few other things - when it states 'Free upgrade to an ADSL2+ or 8Mbps plan when you bring your Telephone Service to Exetel' does this include Telstra ADSL2? it isn't listed as ADSL2+, and that plus sign might be significant, or not. I've seen elsewhere that the monthly phone charge is $20 but on the Change Plan page it shows (Telstra) as $25 - more than Homeline Budget - and call costs are irrelevant as I use VoIP anyway.

As a result of all of this I end up sitting on my hands, making no decisions.
Ben

This does not affect you, Optus customers only, you are on Telstra Wholesale infrstructure.

benwilson

Post by benwilson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks for your response, but could you clarify exactly what does not affect me, please? I'm not sure which part of my post you were responding to.

Thanks.

PiyumiK
Exetel Staff

Post by PiyumiK » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:07 pm

benwilson wrote: As well, the 'Cost of Plan Change - New Contract' heading under the 'Change Service' tab indicates zero cost to go to a TCV20-REGION-50 plan, but when I click on the apply button the new page shows a $20 charge.

Hi Ben,

Please check your members facilities again as it has been updated.
There should be a $0 charge if you upgrade your plan on to an ADSL2+ service when you bring your PSTN across to us as well, else a $20 plan change feel will apply.

As for the PSTN – it is $25 on a month to month contract and if you sign up for 12 months you get $5.00 off the line rental.

Hope that assists in making a decision.

Regards,
Piyumi.

csouter

Post by csouter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi, all!

Like many other Exetel users, I recently received the email outlining the projected changes at Exetel, with special
regard to those Exetel customers who were out of contract, but using an Optus service.

I finally got around to logging into my User Facilities today, and I found the red "Renew" button.

I also wanted to look at the other plans I could be shifted to, if I don't renew before 27th November.

What I discovered has raised a few questions in my mind, which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer for me. My actual
questions are in BOLD font.

I can only see plans which involve renting an Optus landline (PSTN) service, either with or without an included monthly call allowance, and
there are no Naked DSL plans on offer.

Now, I am on a Naked DSL service, (NF23/NOTEL), so I would like to know what it would mean for me if I do not press the "Renew"
button before 2011-11-27. Will my naked DSL service be terminated, to be replaced by a service which includes a landline?

Also, I see that the list of charges for the current plans, (OT-20, OF-20, OT-100, OF-100, OT-200 and OF-200), shows separate
components for the ADSL2+ service charge and the telephone line rental charges. (For example, the OT-20 plan shows $19.50 per month
for ADSL2+ access, and $20.00 per month for line rental). Should the prospective user add those two amounts together, to arrive at a
total monthly charge of $39.50?

I also note that the charges for calls on the landline (PSTN) component are considerably higher than what I currently enjoy, using my integrated
VoIP service.

I'm really finding it difficult to decide whether to renew my current Naked DSL plan, or to choose one of the new plans offered.

One final question: Is the Naked DSL service really no longer being offered by Exetel, and, if this is the case, what will happen to my
telephone number? I really do not want to change my home telephone number.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer me.

Best regards to all
Christopher (Chris) Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

csouter wrote:Hi, all!

Like many other Exetel users, I recently received the email outlining the projected changes at Exetel, with special
regard to those Exetel customers who were out of contract, but using an Optus service.

I finally got around to logging into my User Facilities today, and I found the red "Renew" button.

I also wanted to look at the other plans I could be shifted to, if I don't renew before 27th November.

What I discovered has raised a few questions in my mind, which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer for me. My actual
questions are in BOLD font.

I can only see plans which involve renting an Optus landline (PSTN) service, either with or without an included monthly call allowance, and
there are no Naked DSL plans on offer.

Now, I am on a Naked DSL service, (NF23/NOTEL), so I would like to know what it would mean for me if I do not press the "Renew"
button before 2011-11-27. Will my naked DSL service be terminated, to be replaced by a service which includes a landline?

Also, I see that the list of charges for the current plans, (OT-20, OF-20, OT-100, OF-100, OT-200 and OF-200), shows separate
components for the ADSL2+ service charge and the telephone line rental charges. (For example, the OT-20 plan shows $19.50 per month
for ADSL2+ access, and $20.00 per month for line rental). Should the prospective user add those two amounts together, to arrive at a
total monthly charge of $39.50?

I also note that the charges for calls on the landline (PSTN) component are considerably higher than what I currently enjoy, using my integrated
VoIP service.

I'm really finding it difficult to decide whether to renew my current Naked DSL plan, or to choose one of the new plans offered.

One final question: Is the Naked DSL service really no longer being offered by Exetel, and, if this is the case, what will happen to my
telephone number? I really do not want to change my home telephone number.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer me.

Best regards to all
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
I have passed this on to a sales supervisor who will advise you over it.

csouter

Post by csouter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am

Many thanks!

Best regards to all
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)