Allow Port of PSTN for Fax & Biz Grade Web Hosting

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Fuzion

Allow Port of PSTN for Fax & Biz Grade Web Hosting

Post by Fuzion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:33 am

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving the following to Exetel, and I expect to save about $5000 a year on costs from moving to iiNet to Exetel
- 2x ADSL2+ Connections
- 2x Mobile Phone Services
- 10x Domain Names
- SIP Trunking Services & Port PSTN No to VOIP
- Email Hosting
- 2x Mobile Broadband Services.

It is good that Exetel allows you to port the PSTN Number to VoIP In the Business Customers Facilities, however when I tried to signup to the Fax to Email Service, It said that PSTN Numbers to use on Fax to Desktop is "unavailible" at present. That's a little annoying, as I was hoping to cut my fax and landlines completely.

But I guess, is there a workaround, where I can port the PSTN No to Exetel, then Call Forward to the DID Number given by Exetel's Fax to Email/Desktop for the time being?

Another things is that, I have a very heavy traffic Magento Ecommerce Site. I was hoping to move the hosting to Exetel, but I couldn't find info about Exetel Web Hosting being PCI DSS Compliant, No Business Grade Data Backups or bigger hosting plans availible (which is a pity).

I was hoping to move all my services to Exetel.

So just my 2c.
- Allow porting of PSTN for use with Fax to Desktop/Email Service
- Offer bigger hosting plans/VPS/Dedicated that have backups to cater for customers that mission critical needs.

Other than the above 2, quite happy with the money i'm saving

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Re: Allow Port of PSTN for Fax & Biz Grade Web Hosting

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 am

It is good that Exetel allows you to port the PSTN Number to VoIP In the Business Customers Facilities, however when I tried to signup to the Fax to Email Service, It said that PSTN Numbers to use on Fax to Desktop is "unavailible" at present. That's a little annoying, as I was hoping to cut my fax and landlines completely.
Presently, PSTN fax numbers cannot be ported-in to our service to become Fax DIDs. This is because the supplier we use for the PSTN to VoIP ports does not carry the T.38 protocol, which allows fax transit. We are currently in negotiations with another supplier, where port of PSTN fax numbers to Fax DIDs will be possible. We expect this to be available in the new year.
But I guess, is there a workaround, where I can port the PSTN No to Exetel, then Call Forward to the DID Number given by Exetel's Fax to Email/Desktop for the time being?
The problem is the fax transmission still requires the T.38 protocol, which is not there. Other customers do this and it is usually successful with one page faxes. Truncation may occur and multiple pages may not arrive. So you can try this, but it is important to note that delivery is not guaranteed.
Another things is that, I have a very heavy traffic Magento Ecommerce Site. I was hoping to move the hosting to Exetel, but I couldn't find info about Exetel Web Hosting being PCI DSS Compliant, No Business Grade Data Backups or bigger hosting plans availible (which is a pity).
I have arranged for a response on this from someone more competent in this business area.

Fuzion

Post by Fuzion » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,

Any progress with Porting the PSTN Number for Usage?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Fuzion wrote:Hi,

I have requested the Exetel voice manager to advise you over it. Please await an update from him.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

We can accomodate the port to fax now with the alternative supplier mentioned.

Fuzion

Post by Fuzion » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi,

So port is successful, just call tech support to allocate the DID to Fax 2 email service?

Members Section still says "Fax number portability is not available on this service:
The Fax to Email numbers allocated by this service are fixed and the is no number portability available."

Just letting ya know!

Fuzion

Post by Fuzion » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:21 am

Hi,

""Fax number portability is not available on this service"

This text is still there. Just want to clarify again this isnt the case once I port my fax number over?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 pm

This text is still there. Just want to clarify again this isnt the case once I port my fax number over?
Sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this. I am coordinating with the voice manager to update the necessary sections in the members facility.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 pm

The text in the secure members facility has been updated - it now says 'Exetel is able to port fax services. To do this, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the fax number to port and we will arrange'

harryL

Post by harryL » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm

rukshani wrote: ...... 'Exetel is able to port fax services. To do this, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the fax number to port and we will arrange'
Can you please advise if this is available for Townsville numbers (074774xxxx).

H.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:40 am

harryL wrote:
rukshani wrote: ...... 'Exetel is able to port fax services. To do this, please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the fax number to port and we will arrange'

H.
Could you please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with the complete number?

harryL

Post by harryL » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 am

EromalR wrote:
harryL wrote:

H.
Ok, so I got all excited and we made application to port our Townsville fax number.......

..... and was then advised it was not possible.

Go figure!

H.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Let me get back to you on this.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

H wrote: Can you please advise if this is available for Townsville numbers (074774xxxx).

H.

Ok, so I got all excited and we made application to port our Townsville fax number.......

..... and was then advised it was not possible.

Go figure!

H.
We made this option of porting a customers current fax number to an Exetel virtual fax number since recently. Thus, the reply to your email as it is possible (implies to the service but failed to imply it to the number). But kindly note that we have to run a check and you may check for the portability of the number via https://www.exetel.com.au/pstn_to_voip/ ... siness.php link. Your number is not enabled to be ported.