Why I signed up yet again

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
AussieTimmeh

Why I signed up yet again

Post by AussieTimmeh » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Exetel,

I am posting this in case it helps you understand how I came to the conclusion on deciding which provider to go with. Otherwise feel free to ignore.

I initially wanted some faster internet than my ADSL 1500kps that I had with you since 2008. Your service had been generally ok, with only a couple of hiccups along the way, but most of those were due to DLink modems - worst ever, period - or problems that were no fault of your own, like builders digging holes through phone lines.

In fact, 3 of my family members use Exetel based on my recommendation and all are happy.

After finding out I am stuck on ADSL1 thanks to Telstra's liberal use of pair gain connections in my suburb, I did alot of shopping around looking for an ADSL1 8000kbps plan as 1500 was driving us crazy when one was using Skype.

I was also annoyed at my current Exetel plan, which had my off-peak starting at 4am and finishing at 4pm. The only things I really download are games from Steam, and a deficiency of that program is no scheduler for downloads. Also, my wife would be up early with the baby so I only had two effective download hours off-peak before I had to throttle my downloads so she could use Skype or whatever. So I specifically wanted to get away from that off-peak time-slot. I just want to echo other comments I have seen on the forums that say the constant changes that we had a while back were annoying and almost saw me change away. Stability is good, it annoyed me that the off-peak got moved. Anyways...

When I found you had an ADSL1 plan (T8-50) that was 8000kbps speed with no apparent on or off-peak (I hope!!) for the same price as I was already paying you for my slower account, it got me interested. When I went to order it and saw that your home phone rental was cheaper than what I was paying Telstra, I also chose that option. We make all our phone calls from our mobiles so call costs weren't a huge issue but the line rental was.

At first I was annoyed that you had faster plans with higher download limits for the same price and didn't ask if I wanted to change, but in my travels around the member toolbox I saw there was a checkbox "Receive new plan offer from Exetel" that was set to No, so I guess that's why. I don't know if it defaulted that way or not, but I have since changed it to Yes.

So all up, your package will cost me 75 bucks a month, whereas other providers such as Iprimus (who do have fantastic customer support according to my parents) would charge 90 dollars for 8000kbps speed, with half the downloads but unlimited calls. However, I don't need calls, and while I am not a big downloader, the extra data offered is peace-of-mind in case I need it.

Anyhow, I look forward to the change and hopefully faster internet (I understand it's dependent on line quality, distance, etc). Cheers.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Why I signed up yet again

Post by remosha » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

AussieTimmeh wrote:Hi Exetel,

I am posting this in case it helps you understand how I came to the conclusion on deciding which provider to go with. Otherwise feel free to ignore.

I initially wanted some faster internet than my ADSL 1500kps that I had with you since 2008. Your service had been generally ok, with only a couple of hiccups along the way, but most of those were due to DLink modems - worst ever, period - or problems that were no fault of your own, like builders digging holes through phone lines.

In fact, 3 of my family members use Exetel based on my recommendation and all are happy.

After finding out I am stuck on ADSL1 thanks to Telstra's liberal use of pair gain connections in my suburb, I did alot of shopping around looking for an ADSL1 8000kbps plan as 1500 was driving us crazy when one was using Skype.

I was also annoyed at my current Exetel plan, which had my off-peak starting at 4am and finishing at 4pm. The only things I really download are games from Steam, and a deficiency of that program is no scheduler for downloads. Also, my wife would be up early with the baby so I only had two effective download hours off-peak before I had to throttle my downloads so she could use Skype or whatever. So I specifically wanted to get away from that off-peak time-slot. I just want to echo other comments I have seen on the forums that say the constant changes that we had a while back were annoying and almost saw me change away. Stability is good, it annoyed me that the off-peak got moved. Anyways...

When I found you had an ADSL1 plan (T8-50) that was 8000kbps speed with no apparent on or off-peak (I hope!!) for the same price as I was already paying you for my slower account, it got me interested. When I went to order it and saw that your home phone rental was cheaper than what I was paying Telstra, I also chose that option. We make all our phone calls from our mobiles so call costs weren't a huge issue but the line rental was.

At first I was annoyed that you had faster plans with higher download limits for the same price and didn't ask if I wanted to change, but in my travels around the member toolbox I saw there was a checkbox "Receive new plan offer from Exetel" that was set to No, so I guess that's why. I don't know if it defaulted that way or not, but I have since changed it to Yes.

So all up, your package will cost me 75 bucks a month, whereas other providers such as Iprimus (who do have fantastic customer support according to my parents) would charge 90 dollars for 8000kbps speed, with half the downloads but unlimited calls. However, I don't need calls, and while I am not a big downloader, the extra data offered is peace-of-mind in case I need it.

Anyhow, I look forward to the change and hopefully faster internet (I understand it's dependent on line quality, distance, etc). Cheers.
We value and appreciate your loyalty to Exetel. It is because of customers like yourself that we are able to thrive in todays telecommunication industry. As our market share grows, we are able to get better deals from our suppliers, that's the reason why plans offered now are much competitive than ones offered before. You will be notified of new plans if you've subscribed for Exetel Notifications.

We try our best to delight our customers in whichever way possible as a result we currently focus on first call resolution with the strength of our Technical Support engineers.

We believe in keeping our customers happy and glad that you are one of many such customers.