Billing

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
pegi

Billing

Post by pegi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 pm

It would be really nice to have Exetel send you a reminder of your bill a few days before the amount is due. I just think it is courteous to do so. All other utilities do that before taking money out of your account.
After all you are accessing an account (with my permission) and an email does not the earth to send.

I am awaiting your reply on this matter.
Cheers Pegi
"Trying is better than doing nothing"

sable

Re: Billing

Post by sable » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Pegi

My understanding is that in the normal course of Exetel's operations billing dates are known, there are only 2 billing dates - the first king day of the month and 28th month, all customers are billed on one of these dates and only one of these dates so there is no reason for Exetel to issue any sort of courtesy warning as your billing date is known to you.

AzwanM
Exetel Staff

Post by AzwanM » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

pegi wrote:It would be really nice to have Exetel send you a reminder of your bill a few days before the amount is due. I just think it is courteous to do so. All other utilities do that before taking money out of your account.
After all you are accessing an account (with my permission) and an email does not the earth to send.

I am awaiting your reply on this matter.
Cheers Pegi
Unfortunately we do not have such a system in place where we could send out reminders/notifications prior to debiting our customers.

This is because Exetel has only two billing dates, which is the 1st and 28th of every month.

However your valuable feedback has been escalated to the relevant channels and will be discussed in the next meeting.

pegi

Post by pegi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

If this is the sort of reply I 'll get because I request a courtesy reminder (like any other utilities that have the same billing dates by the way) then, it seems to me that customers relations need a real reminders of what the people want.

I can tell you something I have been with Exetel for a while now and honestly i am seriously thinking of migrating somewhere else. There is every reason to issue a reminder I can assure you. What about a feeling of being appreciated and that they appreciate your loyalty? HUM...this is a sad answer. after all having access to MY bank details is a privilege not a right.

sable wrote:Pegi

My understanding is that in the normal course of Exetel's operations billing dates are known, there are only 2 billing dates - the first king day of the month and 28th month, all customers are billed on one of these dates and only one of these dates so there is no reason for Exetel to issue any sort of courtesy warning as your billing date is known to you.

sable

Post by sable » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Are you asking for the amount your bank account will be debited in advance of the billing date?

As Exetel calculte the bill up to midnight the day before your account is charged it would not be possible to give advance warning of the actual amount.

pegi

Post by pegi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I find it bizarre that all other facilities such as Telstra (previously) or my Electricity bill or Mobile phone, all can send you what your bill is and when they will debit your account.

To my knowledge, there is a cut off point for all and from that date (cut off pt) the reminder is sent with the amount due for that period.

Why can't this be done? Your answer does not really make sense. Even if the cut off is midnight as you say so what? There must be some other reasons for this.

What you need is a few days between bills. That would not change the amount due at all on that day.

sable wrote:Are you asking for the amount your bank account will be debited in advance of the billing date?

As Exetel calculte the bill up to midnight the day before your account is charged it would not be possible to give advance warning of the actual amount.