New 12 months contract when changing plan

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Lavec

New 12 months contract when changing plan

Post by Lavec » Fri May 18, 2012 2:22 pm

If I elect to change plan, even to a higher priced one, it currently says it will be a new 12 months contract plus it will cost $20 to change plan.

However on confirming the plan change one of the fine print items contradicts this:

"I understand that a speed change or an allowance upgrade/downgrade does not trigger a new 12 month contract term. The Initial Contract End Date for my current ADSL/Fibre Service will continue to apply."

It seems a bit much to ask both a change fee and a new 12 months contract. Which is it?

udara
Exetel Staff

Re: New 12 months contract when changing plan

Post by udara » Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Lavec wrote:If I elect to change plan, even to a higher priced one, it currently says it will be a new 12 months contract plus it will cost $20 to change plan.

However on confirming the plan change one of the fine print items contradicts this:

"I understand that a speed change or an allowance upgrade/downgrade does not trigger a new 12 month contract term. The Initial Contract End Date for my current ADSL/Fibre Service will continue to apply."

It seems a bit much to ask both a change fee and a new 12 months contract. Which is it?
I will request someone from our sales team to clarify this for you :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Fri May 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Lavec wrote:If I elect to change plan, even to a higher priced one, it currently says it will be a new 12 months contract plus it will cost $20 to change plan.

Currently, all plan changes, disregarding whether its an upgrade or a degrade, incurs a fee of $20 and a new contract term of 12 months depending on the plan. ADSL1 plans renews the contract for 6 months.

Lavec

Post by Lavec » Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the clarification. In that case the T&Cs are incorrect and need updating. I think I'll wait for a time when I can change without incurring a new 12 months contract. Not that it makes much difference as I've been with Exetel for over 5 years but I prefer being contract free.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Lavec wrote:Thanks for the clarification. In that case the T&Cs are incorrect and need updating. I think I'll wait for a time when I can change without incurring a new 12 months contract. Not that it makes much difference as I've been with Exetel for over 5 years but I prefer being contract free.
Thank you for pointing out. We'll look into fixing this as soon as possible. The contract term is assigned by our suppliers, depending on the plan. Hence, we regret to inform that it's difficult for us to put you to a new plan without a contract term, unless our supplier provides us with a plan with no contract somewhere down the line.

Spectator

Post by Spectator » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I really can't understand the reason for this policy.

1. I want to pay you for a more expensive service each month
2. I am willing to re-contract
I would think this is the kind of thing companies usually strive for but with exetel at the moment you have to pay $20 to do so.

If I renew on the same plan it costs me nothing (but really why would I do this instead of staying off contract? I guess there is some possibility that I will be forced off of my current plan onto something of lesser value but that does not seem to be the direction of things) whereas Exetel discourage me from moving to a higher plan and giving them more money each month by charging me $20 for the privilege. I know you said that the new contract is required by supplier, but is the $20 fee?

Sorry to be repetitive but as I said this just makes no sense to me.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Spectator wrote: I know you said that the new contract is required by supplier, but is the $20 fee?
Yes. We do get charged by the supplier for each plan change. Thus, we are unable to waive off this fee.