Temporary Mobile Broadband connection while waiting

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
jazzyjames

Temporary Mobile Broadband connection while waiting

Post by jazzyjames » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I would pay a premium if Exetel offered temporary mobile broadband connections while waiting to get connected. I've just applied, my application has been rejected, now I need to get a Telstra service person out to connect my place, then I'm going to have to apply again, wait again etc etc. All the while, I work from home and so need an internet connection, and so am going to have to sign up for something else in the mean time.

I lived in Germany for the past year and ISPs there offered this, it was really convenient, no worries about when I was going to finally get connected because I had a working broadband connection within 2 days of signing up.

Specifically, something like this would be great:

* Ability to choose an interim mobile data plan, where I only pay for the part of the month that I need it for (ie, up until my adsl broadband service is connected). The cost can be more than the cost of the adsl plan, because I understand that mobile broadband is more expensive.
* Free rental of a broadband modem (preferably not USB, rather a wireless one for multiple computers in the whole house like unwired offers) as long as I do eventually get an Exetel broadband service connected, otherwise if I don't end up getting an Exetel broadband service connected, I am charged for the rental.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Temporary Mobile Broadband connection while waiting

Post by James » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:27 pm

We used to do this, but logistically very few people returned the USB sticks we lent, and if they did not in the best condition!

There are a few prepaid devices on the market which you can share via wifi.