Possibility of Quota Larger Than 300GB?

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
wardrop

Possibility of Quota Larger Than 300GB?

Post by wardrop » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am

I've already posted this on the Whirlpool forums, but thought I might get more traction on these forums. Here's how it goes:

What is the possibility of offering a plan larger than 300GB, say 500GB or 600GB at under $100/m? The reason I want such a plan is not because I'm a "download whore" who plans to download 600GB every month, it's just that I like not having to worry about quota. Most months I don't use more than 150GB, but during some exceptional months (about once every 6 months), I may have a need to consume up to ~500GB. Being on a plan that gives me this headroom would be something I'm willing to pay quite a bit extra for.

I was spoilt for about 12 months or more where Exetel for some reason, was only counting a 4th of my data usage. While I didn't proactively abuse this glitch, not having to worry about my quota was wonderful. This good run unfortunately ended as soon as I went to a new lower cost plan, but it makes me crave that care free quota again.

Any chance of this happening Exetel, or is there no financial sense in offering a healthier quota at a price premium?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Possibility of Quota Larger Than 300GB?

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am

Hi wardrop,

Welcome to Exetel Forum :) . I have already advised to one of our sales department staff to look in to your inquiries. You will be updated shortly via the same thread.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 am

wardrop wrote:I've already posted this on the Whirlpool forums, but thought I might get more traction on these forums. Here's how it goes:

What is the possibility of offering a plan larger than 300GB, say 500GB or 600GB at under $100/m? The reason I want such a plan is not because I'm a "download whore" who plans to download 600GB every month, it's just that I like not having to worry about quota. Most months I don't use more than 150GB, but during some exceptional months (about once every 6 months), I may have a need to consume up to ~500GB. Being on a plan that gives me this headroom would be something I'm willing to pay quite a bit extra for.

I was spoilt for about 12 months or more where Exetel for some reason, was only counting a 4th of my data usage. While I didn't proactively abuse this glitch, not having to worry about my quota was wonderful. This good run unfortunately ended as soon as I went to a new lower cost plan, but it makes me crave that care free quota again.

Any chance of this happening Exetel, or is there no financial sense in offering a healthier quota at a price premium?
You may consider the plans offered via the Optus Network as they provide a higher download allowance: http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php. If you could email your service number to residentialsales@exetel.com.au, we'll be able to run a service availability check for you.

wardrop

Post by wardrop » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm in a regional area, and can only get Telstra wholesale ADSL2. My options for anything greater than 300GB are limited, especially in regard to respectable ISP's like Exetel, Internode, etc.

wardrop

Post by wardrop » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Cool, just noticed new plans on Exetel's website. Now includes 500GB plan. I've already put in my plan change request. I'm surprised no one who replied to this thread told me, or didn't know about it before it became available? Does anyone know whether I can reset my billing period to initiate a faster plan change? I'm less than half way through the month and have used over 90% of my quota.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 pm

wardrop wrote:Cool, just noticed new plans on Exetel's website. Now includes 500GB plan. I've already put in my plan change request. I'm surprised no one who replied to this thread told me, or didn't know about it before it became available? Does anyone know whether I can reset my billing period to initiate a faster plan change? I'm less than half way through the month and have used over 90% of my quota.
We'll get in touch with you to discuss the possibilities.

wardrop

Post by wardrop » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks Remosha, the plan change is very much appreciated. Better service than I could have ever expected. [] Incredible service.