Exetel Notifications

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Mort

Exetel Notifications

Post by Mort » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Can I please suggest a change for all Notification email to have the subject repeated in the body of the message. Maybe it's just me, but I always find I read the message and then realise I have to hunt back up to the subject line to see the actual date/time for the outages.

If it's a simple enough thing to include, then it would be really great to simplify the reading of the messages.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

thejeg

Re: Exetel Notifications

Post by thejeg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Mort wrote:Can I please suggest a change for all Notification email to have the subject repeated in the body of the message. Maybe it's just me, but I always find I read the message and then realise I have to hunt back up to the subject line to see the actual date/time for the outages.

If it's a simple enough thing to include, then it would be really great to simplify the reading of the messages.
I have forwarded your suggestion to our development head, he will see if its feasible to have this change done.

peteru

Post by peteru » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 am

I second that request. Each message should clearly specify the outage location and period (preferably in a consistent machine parseable fields) at the beginning of the body of the message.

I would also suggest that staff pay a bit more attention to the dates being entered. There have been a few instances this years where the dates have been patently wrong (i.e in the past)

surinf
Exetel Staff

Post by surinf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 am

peteru wrote:I second that request. Each message should clearly specify the outage location and period (preferably in a consistent machine parseable fields) at the beginning of the body of the message.

I would also suggest that staff pay a bit more attention to the dates being entered. There have been a few instances this years where the dates have been patently wrong (i.e in the past)
We will take your suggestions on board and forward them to the relevant departments.

Thanks