New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
anna.richard

New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by anna.richard » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 pm

I am currently out of contract and am interested in the current ADSL2+ plans. Why is this not available to existing customers (yet)?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by remosha » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:46 pm

anna.richard wrote:I am currently out of contract and am interested in the current ADSL2+ plans. Why is this not available to existing customers (yet)?
New ADSL plans should be available in the Exetel Members Facilities within a couple of months. Please check the plan change section from time to time, when closer to your billing date.

sando8

Post by sando8 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 pm

remosha wrote:
anna.richard wrote:I am currently out of contract and am interested in the current ADSL2+ plans. Why is this not available to existing customers (yet)?
New ADSL plans should be available in the Exetel Members Facilities within a couple of months. Please check the plan change section from time to time, when closer to your billing date.
I'm sorry, but the Exetel reply is not good enough! We have been waiting for months already. Why should new customers get access to plans which are substantially cheaper leaving your loyal customers stranded.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:06 pm

The new plans are only two weeks old.

We have always historically released these to new customers as a soft launch, with these avialable to new customers a few months later.

davo

Post by davo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:25 am

James,

It might help current customers understand this situation if you explain the reasons behind this policy.

I started looking for a new ISP then came across the thread on Whirlpool talking about the new plans. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have known these new plans were coming and gone elsewhere - a shame after 9 years.

In fact it might be worthwhile announcing new plans in this Forum, at the same time they are released for new customers, along with the date (if ever) for existing customers and reasons for the delay. That would avoid all the frustration and customers like me drifting away from Exetel because we're unaware new plans are being trialled.

Davo

peteru

Post by peteru » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 am

My current plan is ADSL2-50 - that's 50GB for $47.50 + $20 line rental.
http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband.php advertises 100GB for $29.99 + $20 line rental.

Why am I paying $17.51/month more for less data and do not have the option to change my plan, even though I am out of the contract period?

It's been like that for months. :-(

surinf
Exetel Staff

Post by surinf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 am

peteru wrote:My current plan is ADSL2-50 - that's 50GB for $47.50 + $20 line rental.
http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband.php advertises 100GB for $29.99 + $20 line rental.

Why am I paying $17.51/month more for less data and do not have the option to change my plan, even though I am out of the contract period?

I have forwarded this query to our sales team.

They will get in touch with you,

Cheers.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 am

davo wrote:James,

It might help current customers understand this situation if you explain the reasons behind this policy.

I started looking for a new ISP then came across the thread on Whirlpool talking about the new plans. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have known these new plans were coming and gone elsewhere - a shame after 9 years.

In fact it might be worthwhile announcing new plans in this Forum, at the same time they are released for new customers, along with the date (if ever) for existing customers and reasons for the delay. That would avoid all the frustration and customers like me drifting away from Exetel because we're unaware new plans are being trialled.

Davo
Our current plans are still exceptional value in the market, and the new plans will be released some time in the new year.

AussieTimmeh

Post by AussieTimmeh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I wish to switch my current ADSL1 plan (which I am out of contract for) to an ADSL1 plan available on the home page broadband selector which costs more per month and will lock me in to a 12 month contract. In other words, this works out better for Exetel. I cannot apply for this in my user menu yet but I need the extra bandwidth as soon as possible due to a change of circumstances. Am I able to ring and change to this plan?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:22 pm

AussieTimmeh wrote:I wish to switch my current ADSL1 plan (which I am out of contract for) to an ADSL1 plan available on the home page broadband selector which costs more per month and will lock me in to a 12 month contract. In other words, this works out better for Exetel. I cannot apply for this in my user menu yet but I need the extra bandwidth as soon as possible due to a change of circumstances. Am I able to ring and change to this plan?
The plans on the website are for new customers only at this time.

AussieTimmeh

Post by AussieTimmeh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. That is a shame because I will need to move away from Exetel and sign up for a contract elsewhere when you could have had my guaranteed business for another 12 months plus. I've been with you for years but it seems you are forcing me to leave. I am disappointed.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:08 pm

AussieTimmeh wrote:Thanks for the reply. That is a shame because I will need to move away from Exetel and sign up for a contract elsewhere when you could have had my guaranteed business for another 12 months plus. I've been with you for years but it seems you are forcing me to leave. I am disappointed.
The plans we offer current members are still exceptional value.

peteru

Post by peteru » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

surinf wrote:
peteru wrote:My current plan is ADSL2-50 - that's 50GB for $47.50 + $20 line rental.

I have forwarded this query to our sales team.

They will get in touch with you,

Cheers.
It's been over a week and I have not heard anything from the sales team.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 pm

In another section of the forum, Remosha posted:
The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.
viewtopic.php?f=303&t=40689

AussieTimmeh

Post by AussieTimmeh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm

James wrote:
AussieTimmeh wrote:Thanks for the reply. That is a shame because I will need to move away from Exetel and sign up for a contract elsewhere when you could have had my guaranteed business for another 12 months plus. I've been with you for years but it seems you are forcing me to leave. I am disappointed.
The plans we offer current members are still exceptional value.
True that they are ok but not the best on offer. The best Exetel plan that I can currently select has a 75GB limit on peak for $60 a month with the phone bundled. This means I have to limit the live sports that I stream (because I don't watch TV) and have to schedule any downloads to the 8 hour off-peak window.

Alternatively with your new plans for 'new customers only' I could get 500GB usage for the same money and never have to worry about downloads as I would never reach the limit, but it's not available to me of course. For the same money with TPG I can get Unlimited downloads and not have to worry.

There is always the hassle and heartache of changing providers which I would like to avoid and would happily accept a 500GB cap to stay with Exetel should the plan become available. This month I'll just be forced to purchase additional usage (which will take my bill WAY over $100) and see if your plans become available to us in the new year, otherwise I'll be forced to make a decision one way or another.