New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
rooscoota

Re: New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by rooscoota » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:36 am

kyteflyer wrote:
Looks like the latter. Talk about getting royally screwed. Give with one hand and take away with the other. I'm one who has never bundled and I don't plan to start now. Guess I'll be staying on my more expensive, lesser value, plan until I can make a sensible decision about what to do. I just don't like bundling. Its fine, I gather, when things are OK, but what happens when the phone line goes down. Telstra still has to come out and fix, but theres a middle man now (exetel) which will delay any fixes. Not happy.
Waughy wrote:Bundling the phone is compulsory, which I'm not keen on, so not sure what to do now.
bingo
my sentiments exactly.

nothing like celebrating my 10 year anniversary looking for another ISP, even with the pioneer discount I can get cheaper for more quota elsewhere, with the same wholesaler so I assume speed degradation wont be an issue, as it has suffered a little in latter times here.

its instances like this that make society a not so nice place, support an entity with a loyal following through thick and thin only to be treated with little regard for the support shown.

pretty sad situation James.
since: 03/03/04

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 am

rooscoota wrote:
kyteflyer wrote:
Looks like the latter. Talk about getting royally screwed. Give with one hand and take away with the other. I'm one who has never bundled and I don't plan to start now. Guess I'll be staying on my more expensive, lesser value, plan until I can make a sensible decision about what to do. I just don't like bundling. Its fine, I gather, when things are OK, but what happens when the phone line goes down. Telstra still has to come out and fix, but theres a middle man now (exetel) which will delay any fixes. Not happy.
Waughy wrote:Bundling the phone is compulsory, which I'm not keen on, so not sure what to do now.
bingo
my sentiments exactly.

nothing like celebrating my 10 year anniversary looking for another ISP, even with the pioneer discount I can get cheaper for more quota elsewhere, with the same wholesaler so I assume speed degradation wont be an issue, as it has suffered a little in latter times here.

its instances like this that make society a not so nice place, support an entity with a loyal following through thick and thin only to be treated with little regard for the support shown.

Rooscoota,

I'm pretty sure you have been paying very attractive monthly fees for ten years.

James

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 am

yes I have James hence my continued support but as stated they are no longer attractive as there is now better out there. I would prefer to stay with Exetel and continue to support the company that has supported me but for some time now there has been better offers on the market that I have ignored due to being a very supportive and satisfied customer over all these years. I would probably stay on as is but the compulsory phone bundling is definitely not an option. have been down this route before and is nothing but dramas when problems arise, no one is prepared to take responsibility for issues and it always ends up in a game of tennis to and fro between ISP, carrier and Telstra, for what its worth I use a third party VOIP and mobiles, my Telstra phone isn't even plugged in . I have also referred new customers since the introduction of the new plans and neither here nor there about them getting a better deal than me, that's what friends/family do.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 am

rooscoota wrote:...t but as stated they are no longer attractive as there is now better out there.
I dont think there is a lot of point talking loyalty, because most of the time it doesn't mean a lot. Exetel is a business, after all, and they have to make profit in order to keep being able to offer good plans. However, I am curious about these "better" plans people speak of both here and on Whirlpool. I have tried every which way on broadband choice and I still come back to exetel with the best plans (excluding those currently in my members area with peak/offpeak data, which I detest with a passion). The Dodo/Clubtelco et al conglomerate can be ignored for a bunch of reasons. TPG is only good if you can access their on-net stuff, and thats the case with many others as well. There's just not much out there, and in the case of the plan I am currently on, theres nothing that can match it (except the new plans), for someone on TW dslam. So... whats better than exetel? Curious.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 am

kyteflyer wrote:
rooscoota wrote:...t but as stated they are no longer attractive as there is now better out there.
TPG is only good if you can access their on-net stuff, and thats the case with many others as well. There's just not much out there, and in the case of the plan I am currently on, theres nothing that can match it (except the new plans), for someone on TW dslam. So... whats better than exetel? Curious.

Which is exactly why I'm still with Exetel, as well as the service being excellent. It's just the current thing with the newest plans driving most of us nuts waiting.

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:07 am

the reference to better does not exclusively mean cheaper but what is included such as quota limitations and some extras, they may cost more and not by much, but the inclusions certainly justify the miniscule increase in monthly cost.

again it comes back to ones browsing habits and usage, myself for example, I'm flat out using my 20 gigs a month but if I can go up to a 100 gig plan and cheaper then I certainly will. the new 100 gig plan would still work out cheaper for me even if I forfeit my pioneer discount.

edit:
i'll correct myself, the new 100 gig plan.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:29 am

So when will existing members see the new ADSL2 plans in member's area??

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:51 am

Sometime in the near future hopefully. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. Fingers crossed whatever the holdup is gets sorted soon.

jabez

Post by jabez » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello Exetel
Any news please on this ongoing 'saga'?
PS: I realise there are more important issues than this (in all our lives) however it would be appreciated if Exetel would issue a definitive statement on when existing customers will have access to the new plans.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:43 pm

rooscoota wrote:
kyteflyer wrote:
bingo
my sentiments exactly.

You "supported" them by generating minimal profit for 10 years and when they finally decide to make a (small) profit from you, you decide to jump ship?
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:39 pm

I think the thing that really ticks me off about the whole thing is the "coming soon" issue. Clearly someone made a mistake to put that in our member's account, but it set off a chain of events which has led to quite a few people abandoning ship.

James said in Whirlpool that it was a solid bet that we would get access around March 19th. We are now closing in on another month past *that* and to be honest I really wonder if we will ever get access. End of this month? Maybe. End of next? God knows.

I really HATE the lack of honest communication from the company on this matter. I'm really happy with my exetel service, but I've never struck a situation before, when I could not get access to new (which arent anymore) plans. There's simply NO excuse that works for me. "more difficult than it seems" just doesnt wash. I even want to spend more money than I do at the moment, to get the data I want... but my only current option is to pay a shedload more on a peak/offpeak plan I would have to commit to for another 12 months. You have got to be kidding me.

No proper communication. Shambolic organisation. Woeful excuses.

I don't think we are ever going to get the new plans. By the time they get round to it, they will have decided they arent sustainable, and pull them. Can't help wondering if its bait and switch for new users who will get foisted onto other less generous plans once their 12 months is over.

rooscoota

Post by rooscoota » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Franpa wrote:
rooscoota wrote:
kyteflyer wrote:

bingo
my sentiments exactly.

You "supported" them by generating minimal profit for 10 years and when they finally decide to make a (small) profit from you, you decide to jump ship?
sorry for belated reply but it appears you're addressing me, my profuse apologies if your not,

so to clarify, whatever you think about my generating profit you have no idea what other services I have had, still have, or not have had so to make it clear I'm just sitting here waiting for the new plan releases and have absolutely no plans nor intentions of going anywhere, looking forward to another 10 yrs with exetel.

the looking for another ISP was figuratively speaking, don't think I don't keep my eyes open to what's going on out there in the adsl world, as stated there is better out there, for "better" read my other post, but I'm still here after all these yrs :wink:

apologies to waughy, I couldn't put 3 quotes in post, 1 had to go.

chalkybones

Post by chalkybones » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:08 pm

"Our current plans are still exceptional value in the market, and the new plans will be released some time in the new year.
James
Exetel Staff

Which new year will that be, James?

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:00 pm

The new plans are now available, finally. My questions are:
The phone is in my wife's name, do I need my name on the account before applying. Also, does the line rental fee give caller ID?

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:47 pm

I also have a question before I make the decision to bundle my phone to get the new plans.
I currently have a silent/unlisted number with Telstra, will that stay silent in the transfer to Exetel or do I need to organise that separately?