Allow Password-less Email 2 SMS

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
wardrop

Allow Password-less Email 2 SMS

Post by wardrop » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi,

Your Email 2 SMS service would be perfect for SMS alerting, but the password requirements makes it unusable for such an application. A lot of web services such as those for backup and server monitoring, allow you to configure an email address to have alerts sent to, such as if your website goes down. In such scenarios, I'd love to be able to use the Exetel Email 2 SMS service for generating SMS alerts from these emails, but because I don't have control over the email subject that's used, I can't use Exetel's SMS gateway.

Could this please be changed. Could there be a checkbox or something that says "I understand the risk for not having a password, blah, blah" that allows one to use any email subject? It would be super awesome.

Cheers,
Tom

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Allow Password-less Email 2 SMS

Post by EroshanJ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will check the possibilities of implementing suggested system with our System developers and notify you via email.

wardrop

Post by wardrop » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Cool, it'd be very handy.

Cheers,
Tom

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:28 am

Hi Tom,

You can do that now, you just need to use the "Receiving SMS from Email" tab under Manage SMS. I use this to monitor a UPS & to receive notifications of voicemail deposits on an Asterisk PBX

IanS