Android 'My Exetel' app

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Android 'My Exetel' app

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:28 pm

csouter wrote:
stevecJ wrote: Please note that we have removed the old "Myexetel" app now and the estimated time for the release of the new app is this October 2017.
Just downloaded and installed it.
Play Store says: First release, v1.0.0, Updated 2017-10-12
Login still fails.
Can you please check and confirm the same logins works on https://www.exetel.com.au/my_exetel ?

csouter

Post by csouter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 pm

KavindaS wrote:
csouter wrote:
stevecJ wrote: Please note that we have removed the old "Myexetel" app now and the estimated time for the release of the new app is this October 2017.
Just downloaded and installed it.
Login still fails.
Can you please check and confirm the same logins works on https://www.exetel.com.au/my_exetel ?
Yes, it does, I login to My Exetel on the web frequently, with no problem.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)

csouter

Post by csouter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:20 pm

csouter wrote:Just downloaded and installed it.
Login still fails.
Just a heads-up...

Because I had also left a comment about the app on Google Play, the app developer has been in touch with me, with a suggestion to reset the password, adding that it would be OK to re-use my original password.

I have done this, and the app is now working correctly, and fortunately, I have not needed to change my password!

Thank you all for your help.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:04 pm

csouter wrote:
csouter wrote:Just downloaded and installed it.
Login still fails.
Just a heads-up...

Because I had also left a comment about the app on Google Play, the app developer has been in touch with me, with a suggestion to reset the password, adding that it would be OK to re-use my original password.

I have done this, and the app is now working correctly, and fortunately, I have not needed to change my password!

Thank you all for your help.
Thanks for the update and glad to hear that works for you. I have escalated with developers too and I will get them to stop investigating. :)

csouter

Post by csouter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:02 pm

KavindaS wrote:
csouter wrote:Thanks for the update and glad to hear that works for you. I have escalated with developers too and I will get them to stop investigating. :)
It seems that the problem was not with the app itself, but with the Exetel user/pass combo database.

I had lots of old logins from various services, and once those logins were deleted, leaving me with only one, it worked.

It may be of some use to the developers to streamline the design of that database.
Last edited by csouter on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 pm

csouter wrote:
KavindaS wrote:
csouter wrote:Thanks for the update and glad to hear that works for you. I have escalated with developers too and I will get them to stop investigating. :)
It seems that the problem was not with the app itself, but with the Exetel user/pass combo database.

I had lots of old logins from various services, and once those logins were deleted, leaving me with only only, it worked.

It may be of some use to the developers to streamline the design of that database.
Thanks for the feedback and we will have a note on that... :)

slave1

Post by slave1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Well this is weird, I have been frustrated to no end trying to log in to this damn app, and I had an old service number from my naked ADSL2 plan, the service number and password I somehow remembered. What do you know, I can see my OLD OLD OLD AF naked ADSL2 VOIP number in the app.

Can someone from Exetel or the app developers contact / PM me to clear any old account so I can see my EXISTING NBN plan?

That would be great, I'm keen to see how this app works.

AroshJ
Exetel Staff

Post by AroshJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 pm

slave1 wrote:Well this is weird, I have been frustrated to no end trying to log in to this damn app, and I had an old service number from my naked ADSL2 plan, the service number and password I somehow remembered. What do you know, I can see my OLD OLD OLD AF naked ADSL2 VOIP number in the app.

Can someone from Exetel or the app developers contact / PM me to clear any old account so I can see my EXISTING NBN plan?

That would be great, I'm keen to see how this app works.

Have you tried "Forgotten your username or password?" option to retrieve correct username and password for your latest service account ? If not please try it here.

https://www.exetel.com.au/my_exetel

In case if you don't remember the latest username or customer Id feel free to email your query to us on residentialsupport@exetel.com.au. :)

slave1

Post by slave1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Tried that, no such luck. Perhaps a support ticket is in order?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 pm

slave1 wrote:Tried that, no such luck. Perhaps a support ticket is in order?
Provide me the ticket ref# no here and I will check on this.