Exetel iPhone App Improvement

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ninxsoft

Exetel iPhone App Improvement

Post by ninxsoft » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am

Hello,

I have been a happy Exetel customer since Aug 2014, and have been craving an update to Exetel's Broadband Usage app for iPhone.

Instead of just complaining, I thought I would design and create my own take on the Exetel Broadband Usage app :D

I have been using my app on my iPhone in testing for about a month now, and seems to be coming along just great.

I would love any feedback on the design/features - if there is enough of a demand I would love to work with some beta testers (you!) before submitting to the App Store.

Or if anyone from Exetel wants to get in touch with me, that would be even better!

Here's a link to a PDF outlining what the app does thus far!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x3awnq5klns4 ... p.pdf?dl=0

Happy Australia Day!

Ninxsoft

Last edited by ninxsoft on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surfn Chick

Re: Exetel iPhone App Improvement

Post by Surfn Chick » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Well it's got to be better than what we have to put up with now.(now offence Exetel it has improved). Good luck ninxsoft.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 pm

I like it, it looks well laid out, and nothing would induce me to buy an Iphone. I tried the link, but got a 404 so I can't look past the pictures..

I do have a comment though - you are able to show invoices, which suggests you are scraping the website. Is that so?

Websites change frequently, and that could disable your app. The unchanging way to get meter data is from the Exetel XML meter. If you are reading XML please ignore the rest of my comments. If your intention is to make the website/user facility itself Iphone friendly, and so can tolerate changes, also ignore the rest.

I put the source code for a meter written in bash script (with a dash of Python) at viewtopic.php?f=303&t=32481 in 2009, last altered in 2010. It modifies a GTK graphic written in XML.

It still works at least for my and most other ADSL accounts, because the XML data is recoverable whatever order it is written in. If it can be adapted, improved, and used for a phone or anything Apple, go for it.

ninxsoft

Post by ninxsoft » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Dazzled,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am using a combination of HTML scrapes and XHRs (where I can find them :-\ ).

The XML Meter info you provided works beautifully, so it should simplify my scraping/parsing code and speed up the refresh quite a bit. Greatly appreciated!

I've fixed the PDF link in my original post (I think).

Ninxsoft

ninxsoft

Post by ninxsoft » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 am

Howdy again,

I finally got around to submitting my app (YourExetel :lol:) to the App Store!

Feel free to check it out or pass the word along if this is up your alley.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/yourexe ... 58137?mt=8 or search for "Exetel" in the iOS App Store.

Thanks again,

Ninxsoft

DaveBen

Post by DaveBen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:35 am

Hi
I downloaded your app as I had issues with the exetel original app

The app does not allow me to log in (I get the message unknown user or password) Both the same the original exetel and yours.
Do you have any ideas how too make it work.
DAve

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:37 am

DaveBen wrote:Hi
I downloaded your app as I had issues with the exetel original app

The app does not allow me to log in (I get the message unknown user or password) Both the same the original exetel and yours.
Do you have any ideas how too make it work.
DAve
Maybe your log in credentials are incorrect. Does it work on the MyExetel website?

Try on : https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/login