Suggestion: Your plans are terrible

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
ozkidzez91

Suggestion: Your plans are terrible

Post by ozkidzez91 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Hey, anyone check out the new ADSL2 plans? Especially the regional ones.

What a rip-off. You've moved the 100GB plan from (including phone) $60/month to $80/month. The old 500GB plan for $70/month has disappeared but it's ok, because for only an extra $40/month you can pay $110/month to get 1TB. Really helpful if you only needed around 200GB anyway.

Who are you supposed to be attracting with these plans? You have pretty poor support and not much else going for you, you charge for technician callouts, you don't have any value-included services like unmetered netflix, and you put your plans up to premium prices?

Is anyone going to look at iinet, 100GB, home phone included, $80/month, great support and go "nah I'll go with massive setup costs and near-zero support for the same price"?

I hope you don't plan on trying to kick me off the old 500GB plan or you're losing a customer.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Re: Suggestion: Your plans are terrible

Post by natashaf » Thu May 14, 2015 8:39 am

Hi,

We apologies for the inconvenience that you have to go through, however the new plans have been implemented according to the cost that we have with our wholesale supplier. Unfortunately we are unable to change the setup or customize any of these plans as we are a reseller.

Regards,

Natasha

ozkidzez91

Post by ozkidzez91 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Are you going to force current customers to the new plans?

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Post by natashaf » Thu May 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi,

So far these are the terms & conditions and the available plan to the new customer. Unfortunately at this point of time we are unable to provide any confirmation on any of the existing customer.

Regards,

Natasha

ozkidzez91

Post by ozkidzez91 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm being forced up from a $70/month plan to $108/month plan with less than a month's notice.

Goodbye assholes.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Post by natashaf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi,

Exetel regularly review and simplify our suite of available broadband bundle plans.

We do this to ensure all customer services keep pace with the rapidly growing demand for data usage and the increasing cost of network bandwidth.

If you are unhappy with the details of broadband bundle plan above, you can visit the My Exetel area of the Exetel website and select a plan before 8 July 2015 that more closely suits your needs or budget or you will have to look into other options.

Regards,

Natasha

ozkidzez91

Post by ozkidzez91 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 am

natashaf wrote:If you are unhappy with the details of broadband bundle plan above, you can visit the My Exetel area of the Exetel website and select a plan before 8 July 2015 that more closely suits your needs or budget or you will have to look into other options.
You're joking, right? The next plan down is only 100GB (needs to be at least 200GB) and still costs $10/month more than the old plan. You're review went like this:

"Crap netflix has screwed us people are actually using their allowances!"
"We'll put the price of new plans up that should compensate for it."
A month later...
"We're not getting any new signups with our over-priced-as-hell plans! How are we gonna pay for that bandwidth?"
"It's OK, we'll just tell our customers that their old plans are gone ......
In another month it will be...
"all out customers left us!"
"Told you ...

Thanks for nothing, you were decent value since 2008 but we won't sit through this. Even Telstra themselves are cheaper than you now and they don't threaten to pass on technician costs.

You're an absolutely disgusting company for jacking up prices of current customers like this with less than a month's notice. Spintel did the same but I wouldn't have thought you would dog people like this. Goodbye.
Last edited by Dazzled on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate language for forum edited.

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

ozkidzez91 wrote:Thanks for nothing, you were decent value since 2008 but we won't sit through this. Even Telstra themselves are cheaper than you now and they don't threaten to pass on technician costs.
No way is Telstra cheaper! 50GB + Phoneline = $73.00

Exetel: 50/50GB + phoneline = $45.00