Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Post Reply
trev
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: The LAN Downunder

Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by trev » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 am

I just happened to notice that Exetel has one of its IP addresses listed on the SBL for a Citadel Botnet Controller:
Ref: SBL216521
220.233.112.170/32 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
2015-03-18 15:08:29 GMT | exetel.com.au
Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

The host at this IP address is running a special piece of software, used to control computers infected with a Trojan called 'Citadel'.

Citadel botnet controller located here:
hXXp://camerabagjavad.su/ted/file.php

camerabagjavad.su A 220.233.112.170
triggeringint.net A 220.233.112.170
workplaceinani.su A 220.233.112.170
You might want to do something about that.

User avatar
angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by angelos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:57 am

trev wrote:I just happened to notice that Exetel has one of its IP addresses listed on the SBL for a Citadel Botnet Controller:
Ref: SBL216521
220.233.112.170/32 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
2015-03-18 15:08:29 GMT | exetel.com.au
Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

The host at this IP address is running a special piece of software, used to control computers infected with a Trojan called 'Citadel'.

Citadel botnet controller located here:
hXXp://camerabagjavad.su/ted/file.php

camerabagjavad.su A 220.233.112.170
triggeringint.net A 220.233.112.170
workplaceinani.su A 220.233.112.170
You might want to do something about that.
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will have this investigated further.

trev
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: The LAN Downunder

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by trev » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:59 pm

I notice it is still listed!

altaafa
Exetel Staff
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:40 pm
Location: Colombo

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by altaafa » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:38 am

trev wrote:I notice it is still listed!
Hi Trev,

The case is still under investigation. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.

trev
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: The LAN Downunder

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by trev » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:13 pm

altaafa wrote:
trev wrote:I notice it is still listed!
Hi Trev,
The case is still under investigation. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.
It is now 3 months later and it is still listed! That's a very slow investigation pace!

User avatar
devindag
Exetel Staff
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by devindag » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:09 pm

trev wrote:
altaafa wrote:
trev wrote:I notice it is still listed!
Hi Trev,
The case is still under investigation. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.
It is now 3 months later and it is still listed! That's a very slow investigation pace!

Hi Trev,

We will look in ti this and respond to you shortly

trev
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: The LAN Downunder

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by trev » Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 pm

After nearly 6 months, I can only conclude that you are just not serious about fixing this.

User avatar
Sumudu D
Exetel Staff
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by Sumudu D » Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi trev,
trev wrote:After nearly 6 months, I can only conclude that you are just not serious about fixing this.
Apologies..!! We will follow this up and thanks for bringing it up for our notice.

User avatar
thomashouseman
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Citadel botnet controller @220.233.112.170

Post by thomashouseman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 am

trev wrote:After nearly 6 months, I can only conclude that you are just not serious about fixing this.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply