Changing a username

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
Gtsteve

Changing a username

Post by Gtsteve » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Recently I tried to change my username to a more appropriate one for this site.
The system asked for my password (predictably) allowed me to proceed and apparently accepted the change.
However that was not the case. I was locked out of the forum for a few days with neither of the usernames working.

I like the forum, you do get answers here, but all of my emails to 'contact us' were unacknowledged.

So improvement suggestions;

1. Change your system so that an unacceptable username is answered with an 'Unacceptable' pop up instead of a lock-out.

2. Obviously acknowledging email is a normal courtesy at least,
and not answering will surely irritate a customer having difficulties already and asking for assistance.
I think that it is the simple things like this that give Telcos a good or bad reputation.

I hope this feedback is of assistance to you.
Cheers Steve

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Changing a username

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Gtsteve wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:28 pm
Recently I tried to change my username to a more appropriate one for this site.
The system asked for my password (predictably) allowed me to proceed and apparently accepted the change.
However that was not the case. I was locked out of the forum for a few days with neither of the usernames working.

I like the forum, you do get answers here, but all of my emails to 'contact us' were unacknowledged.

So improvement suggestions;

1. Change your system so that an unacceptable username is answered with an 'Unacceptable' pop up instead of a lock-out.

2. Obviously acknowledging email is a normal courtesy at least,
and not answering will surely irritate a customer having difficulties already and asking for assistance.
I think that it is the simple things like this that give Telcos a good or bad reputation.

I hope this feedback is of assistance to you.
Cheers Steve
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your post and we apologies for the inconvenience caused. Your suggestion about our forum is highly valuable. I will forward this to the relevant authorities.