Call wait times suggestions

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
spuddy

Call wait times suggestions

Post by spuddy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 am

Hi folks

The wait times for a technical support call are terrible. I have been on hold for over an hour and I have no idea when someone may answer the call!

Suggestions:
- use an estimated wait time message on a loop (eg every few minutes callers get an update on estimated wait time)
- use a callback service that maintains the callers place in the queue so they don’t have to sit and wait for hours hoping someone will eventually answer
- give the option to leave a message with details of issue and actually call people back within say 4 -6 hours.

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Call wait times suggestions

Post by James » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:31 pm

We had this two weeks ago on our old phone system, we are in the process of adding back this very useful feature.

spuddy

Post by spuddy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:13 am

Well it is even worse now. After 5 failed call....I finally got connected to find technical support for an outage is currently closed. We live in the global world. Some of us have to work at 11pm and need to access support!!!

So I hit option 3 and tried to leave a message - but then you ask for a password. What the hell? I am a customer (but not for long based on your recent performance). How do I get a password to leave a message for a technical support (ie OUTAGE) query????!??!?

spuddy

Post by spuddy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:13 am

Well it is even worse now. After 5 failed call....I finally got connected to find technical support for an outage is currently closed. We live in the global world. Some of us have to work at 11pm and need to access support!!!

So I hit option 3 and tried to leave a message - but then you ask for a password. What the hell? I am a customer (but not for long based on your recent performance). How do I get a password to leave a message for a technical support (ie OUTAGE) query????!??!?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:32 am

I have asked for the voicemail to be looked at with priority, however for residential services there is little that can be down outside of hours, as our suppliers only look at these services 8-5.