HFC future

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
coolatai

HFC future

Post by coolatai » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 pm

I am in the fortunate position that my Exetel NBN service is working perfectly, and I have no technical issues. However one thing that annoys me is the secrecy that seems to surround anything to do with the NBN. The particular item that interests me is the upgrade from docsis 3.0 to 3.1. on the HFC NBN distribution. It seems to be impossible to discover any rollout timetable, or any information less than two years old. I know that when docsis 3.1 is implemented the two inner green lights on the NBN unit will change to blue, but that's about all. In addition there are rumors that new CVC calculation measures proposed to be introduced this month? Will this prompt a move to 100 Mbps as the standard speed? Are any of these rumors true? Does Exetel know, or are you just as much in the dark as we are?

I therefore think it would be helpful to customers if Exetel could confirm or deny any such rumors, and give us some idea on where they think we will be in 1 or 2 years.