Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)

Re: Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Postby KavindaS on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 pm

JamesH wrote:Hi

I too am experiencing the ethernet port dropout after PC powerdown issue with this modem, although my VOIP service appears to be stable.
It is a real nuisance, I have to reboot the PC but wifi users are able to access the net just fine.

I have firmware NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B023.EN, which I think is the latest.

Surely there must be a fix for this well known problem by now?

I cannot trace any recent tickets from Exetel. Have you reported this by contacting us or Netcomm support? If so what is the reference number which we can use to escalate with Netcomm.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby KavindaS on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 pm

machine wrote:
JamesH wrote:Hi

I too am experiencing the ethernet port dropout after PC powerdown issue with this modem, although my VOIP service appears to be stable.
It is a real nuisance, I have to reboot the Modem but wifi users are able to access the net just fine.

I have firmware NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B023.EN, which I think is the latest.

Surely there must be a fix for this well known problem by now?

Hi james,

Yes very annoying problem. Having to reboot modem after PC start up.

Have seen this problem in several of the NF10WV modems. None of the firmware updates fixes this problem.

And yes, I hope its fixed soon.

Provide any reference number of Netcomm which you have reported and we will try and get a replacement done with a different model.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby JamesH on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi KavindaS

My exetel ticket no. is 11196224.
It has apparently been referred to Netcomm via ticket ref 2493312.

Regards James
JamesH

Postby KavindaS on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm

JamesH wrote:Hi KavindaS

My exetel ticket no. is 11196224.
It has apparently been referred to Netcomm via ticket ref 2493312.

Regards James

Thanks James. I will check the references and update you via the same.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby JamesH on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Netcomm contacted me about this issue a few days ago, and JD from netcomm updated my firmware to Rev 24.
Supposedly this should fix the dropout problem on all ports. I am currently testing and fingers crossed this will solve the issue. Somehow I have my doubts though..
JamesH

Postby HimaJ on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Since Netcomm has done a firmware upgrade on your router, please monitor the service. If there is any issue persists please update Exetel where we can investigate.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.
HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Postby JamesH on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm

HimaJ wrote:Since Netcomm has done a firmware upgrade on your router, please monitor the service. If there is any issue persists please update Exetel where we can investigate.

Hi,

The v24 firmware still has not resolved the issue. Netcomm has advised me that at least one other customer has an active ticket about the issue and has advised their engineers yet another firmware update is required due to a "memory problem". So it looks like they are acknowledging the problem at least.
JamesH

Postby KavindaS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 pm

KavindaS wrote:
JamesH wrote:
HimaJ wrote:Since Netcomm has done a firmware upgrade on your router, please monitor the service. If there is any issue persists please update Exetel where we can investigate.

Hi,

The v24 firmware still has not resolved the issue. Netcomm has advised me that at least one other customer has an active ticket about the issue and has advised their engineers yet another firmware update is required due to a "memory problem". So it looks like they are acknowledging the problem at least.

Considering the 2 voip services and the ongoing issue, I have updated internally for Netcomm to try and arrange a bette Netcomm model as a replacement for you. If success you should receive a NF4V model in post and you may send the current modem back in their return parcel.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby Marty H on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I would like to let you all know that my REPLACEMENT NF10WV has been in its box in the wardrobe since last October because of its Ethernet ports problem, just like the original, and I have been using a NF17ACV that I bought from Kogan for $205 because a full-time university student is renting a room in my house and needs reliable internet. Also, the NF10WV's 802.11n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only operates at 35-47Mbps, just under half the speed of my 89Mbps FTTN connection that 5GHz fully provides.

How can Exetel provide a router that does not give your internet speed and for an extra $79?

The NF17ACV on 802.11n and ac 5GHz and my 2011 model Asus RT-N66U on 802.11n 5GHz both provide the full speed that I get over Ethernet. The NF4V offered to JamesH only does 2.4GHz, so again will only give just under half my internet speed. I could not accept it.

The position you are putting people in with such an unmitigated lemon as the horrendous NF10WV at a cost of $79 that I have not yet recovered, sitting in the wardrobe useless, is sickening. And there is no resolution available other than to use a different router!

Have you even seen the Whirlpool thread? https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2549304&p=-1&#bottom

Why should I go through the warranty return process for the NF10WV when I know for a fact that there is no satisfactory outcome at the end of it?
Marty H

Postby KavindaS on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:09 am

Marty H wrote:I would like to let you all know that my REPLACEMENT NF10WV has been in its box in the wardrobe since last October because of its Ethernet ports problem, just like the original, and I have been using a NF17ACV that I bought from Kogan for $205 because a full-time university student is renting a room in my house and needs reliable internet. Also, the NF10WV's 802.11n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only operates at 35-47Mbps, just under half the speed of my 89Mbps FTTN connection that 5GHz fully provides.

How can Exetel provide a router that does not give your internet speed and for an extra $79?

The NF17ACV on 802.11n and ac 5GHz and my 2011 model Asus RT-N66U on 802.11n 5GHz both provide the full speed that I get over Ethernet. The NF4V offered to JamesH only does 2.4GHz, so again will only give just under half my internet speed. I could not accept it.

The position you are putting people in with such an unmitigated lemon as the horrendous NF10WV at a cost of $79 that I have not yet recovered, sitting in the wardrobe useless, is sickening. And there is no resolution available other than to use a different router!

Have you even seen the Whirlpool thread? https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2549304&p=-1&#bottom

Why should I go through the warranty return process for the NF10WV when I know for a fact that there is no satisfactory outcome at the end of it?

Firstly I would like to apologies to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter.
I refer to the 10855921 and cannot see that you have contacted us back since Friday 21 October 2016, after we have suggested to contact Netcomm support and complaint about the ongoing issues of NF10WV. In past we have arranged lot of NF4V routers to the customers, as in replacements of NF10WV. We have lot of customers, they use NF4V which is a dual band router, where they were able to achieve maximum speeds from Ethernet or wifi.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby Marty H on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:09 pm

KavindaS wrote:NF4V which is a dual band router, where they were able to achieve maximum speeds from Ethernet or wifi.

Well then NetComm's PDF Spec Sheet for the NF4V is incorrect. :(

How would I obtain a NF4V through the warranty process?
Marty H

Postby KavindaS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Marty H wrote:
KavindaS wrote:NF4V which is a dual band router, where they were able to achieve maximum speeds from Ethernet or wifi.

Well then NetComm's PDF Spec Sheet for the NF4V is incorrect. :(

How would I obtain a NF4V through the warranty process?

Unfortunately obtaining a NF4V from NF10WV replacement process is no longer available from Netcomm, since they have fixed most of the issues from the latest firmware.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby Marty H on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

KavindaS wrote:they have fixed most of the issues from the latest firmware.

Does that include the Ethernet ports problem?
Marty H

Postby KavindaS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Marty H wrote:
KavindaS wrote:they have fixed most of the issues from the latest firmware.

Does that include the Ethernet ports problem?

Which is not detailed by them. However they have arranged replacement NF10WV modems, working for most of the customer without a single issue.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Modem issues