most basic nbn vdsl modem to use bridged to dd-wrt router

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)

most basic nbn vdsl modem to use bridged to dd-wrt router

Postby Baldrick on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi looking for a simple 1 port vdsl modem I can use to bridge my existing DD-WRT flashed router to the NBN when it happens here next month.
Because it will be bridged, I really have no need for extra ports, wifi, etc.
Prefer a unit that also runs at 12Vdc as I currently run my equipment from my own regulated battery backed up source which is invaluable during blackouts, etc with my security system incorporated into all this.

I did just buy a Netgear DM200 unit which looks exactly like what I want, unfortunately though either I have gotten a faulty unit or it is a complete piece of junk as it just wont run properly in bridged or router mode on my current adsl2 connection with it failing after every reboot!
Baldrick

Re: most basic nbn vdsl modem to use bridged to dd-wrt route

Postby Dazzled on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:34 am

You might find some ideas via http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_regis ... dem_router

A not very useful request for the ZTE was here at viewtopic.php?f=252&t=43512&p=321204&hilit=vte+bridge&sid=c20be41fd5739a263737fdadf2043428#p321204

ZTE manuals are very brief, but these devices have been found to be configurable in root via telnet.
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: most basic nbn vdsl modem to use bridged to dd-wrt route

Postby Baldrick on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks Dazzled,
I am going through the general moves with Netgear tech support at the moment to see if they can fix my issue which I know they can't. (Have now read on the Netgear community forums about exactly the same settings retention problem I am getting & it seems Netgear are in no rush to fix it.)
From your link I see another unit there which will suit my purposes perfectly in this Draytek Vigor 130 unit, ( http://www.draytek.com.au/products/xdsl ... /vigor130/ ) - so might see if I can pick 1 of those up & just return this other Netgear thing to where I bought it.

Thanks again for the link, it is very helpfull. :)
Baldrick

Return to Modem issues