NAS on ZTE H268A

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)

NAS on ZTE H268A

Postby wreader on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:54 pm

I got the free modem with my NBN plan only to find that a number of the features including the USB port of the modem have been disabled by Exetel. Nowhere does Exetel say these features are disabled.

Does anyone know how to enable the USB on this locked modem so that one can use an attached storage device?
wreader

Re: NAS on ZTE H268A

Postby KavindaS on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 pm

wreader wrote:I got the free modem with my NBN plan only to find that a number of the features including the USB port of the modem have been disabled by Exetel. Nowhere does Exetel say these features are disabled.

Does anyone know how to enable the USB on this locked modem so that one can use an attached storage device?

USB feature has been locked by the modem vendor by default. Let me know the other features that you need to check, so I will question from ZTE and let you know.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby wreader on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

The ability to use the USB port for network attached HDD is all I need thanks. It would be appreciated if it could be unlocked on my modem.
wreader

Postby KavindaS on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:19 pm

wreader wrote:The ability to use the USB port for network attached HDD is all I need thanks. It would be appreciated if it could be unlocked on my modem.

We have checked this with ZTE support before and unfortunately it is not supported for the modem at the given cost.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby petercook on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Am I to assume that the usb print server feature also does not function? If by chance it does then some directions as to how it can be used would be appreciated.
petercook

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:21 pm

petercook wrote:Am I to assume that the usb print server feature also does not function? If by chance it does then some directions as to how it can be used would be appreciated.

I have emailed ZTE support and I will update you once they have confirmed to me.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:32 pm

KavindaS wrote:
petercook wrote:Am I to assume that the usb print server feature also does not function? If by chance it does then some directions as to how it can be used would be appreciated.

I have emailed ZTE support and I will update you once they have confirmed to me.

ZTE have confirmed that, unfortunately this feature also not enabled with the modem we have provided.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Modem issues