Modem compatibility

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Charlie11173

Modem compatibility

Post by Charlie11173 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:44 am

Hi. Is the Telstra smart modem gen 2 compatible with Exeter

Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff

Re: Modem compatibility

Post by Dushyanthan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am

Based on the service type modem compatibility vary. Kindly provide us your customer ID or the service number to assist you further. Please keep a note we don't recommend any 3rd party modems and we don't provide technical support as well.

Tauqeer

Post by Tauqeer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi,
As Exetel ZTE H268A does not provide Parental control and other security features, i bought TP-LINK AC1600 V2 VDSL modem router.

Please confirm if this model is compatible with Exetel services as i am trying to use Exetel User ID and Password to configure new modem router and it keeps giving me error like "Internet not connected. Please check if your phone cable is properly connected."

I got Exetel FTTN HFC connection at home.

please advise a fix.

Thanks

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Tauqeer wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 pm
Hi,
As Exetel ZTE H268A does not provide Parental control and other security features, i bought TP-LINK AC1600 V2 VDSL modem router.

Please confirm if this model is compatible with Exetel services as i am trying to use Exetel User ID and Password to configure new modem router and it keeps giving me error like "Internet not connected. Please check if your phone cable is properly connected."

I got Exetel FTTN HFC connection at home.

please advise a fix.

Thanks
Hi,

Could you please PM us your Service No, Customer ID or Reference No so we can look into this and advice.

Thanks

Tauqeer

Post by Tauqeer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 pm

Thanks Judep.

I have sent you PM with details.

My understanding is, Exetel should not block its service to just ZTE 268A modem which lacks basic features and its management console is aimed for only technical people. This is not the case with good modem routers with better coverage and features which are easy to configure and manage.

I hope, the team at Exetel would understand their customer requirements and have empathy in advising a fix.

Regards

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Tauqeer wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Thanks Judep.

My understanding is, Exetel should not block its service to just ZTE 268A modem which lacks basic features and its management console is aimed for only technical people. This is not the case with good modem routers with better coverage and features which are easy to configure and manage.

I hope, the team at Exetel would understand their customer requirements and have empathy in advising a fix.

Regards
We will check the PM sent to Jude and advise further. However, for a HFC service you can use any model of a modem which is compatible to use with Fibre that has a WAN port.

For the FTTN service only you need a NBN - Exetel registered modem model to have a working service.

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am

KavindaS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:03 pm
Tauqeer wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Thanks Judep.

Regards
We will check the PM sent to Jude and advise further. However, for a HFC service you can use any model of a modem which is compatible to use with Fibre that has a WAN port.

For the FTTN service only you need a NBN - Exetel registered modem model to have a working service.
Hi,

As we discussed earlier over the phone kindly re configure the TP LINK modem and if issues still persists please do not hesitated to contact us.
Your Ticket Ref#16452128.

Thanks