PLS HELP.

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Helpmepls

PLS HELP.

Post by Helpmepls » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a ZTE H26A modem that came as part the deal when signing up to a twelve month contract with Exetel. I have since churned away to a different NBN provider successfully. Now I'm trying to churn again to yet another provider. The problem I'm encountering is that even though my new service is up and running, I can't actually access the internet because the ZTE modem configuration won't seem to allow me to change to the new PPP password. One of two things will happen: I will get an error message stating something alone the lines of "action invalid. Outside of configuration parameters" or after I press apply, it will revert back to the default modem password. I can't see the default password as it's just six dots.

When I go into the tab "Management and Diagnosis" and then Basic Configuration, then TR-069, I can't seem to disable or remove the existing info in there, including whatever password that is there.

I'm puzzled as to how I even managed to churn to a different NBN provider before one. It appears that the modem is locked to Exetel but I know it's an unlocked modem as I've been told as much by Exetel and as I mentioned. I managed to churn away to a different ISP to Exetel using the same modem.

Can anyone please help? I've tried asking Exetel over the phone but i am no longer with them and their 'tech support' is just as much of a calamity now as it was when I was actually their customer.

I don't want to have to fork out for a new modem If I can help it :/

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Re: PLS HELP.

Post by kavindip » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Kindly note that we have responded to your inquiry under your other Forum post "Urgently need help."