DG834Gv3 - "Failed Login Page"

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Maz78

DG834Gv3 - "Failed Login Page"

Post by Maz78 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi Folks,

I was running a DG834Gv2 and have upgraded to the v3 ADSL2+ modem / wireless router. (Yesterday).
Since then, I constantly get "Failed Login Page" notice from Exetel. - It asks me to check if I was logging in with 0394xxxxxx@exeopt.com (Or whatever) and to change it to: 0394xxxxxx@vic.extel.com.au (I have specified this username CORRECTLY and password CORRECTLY) yet it seems to always come up everytime I first start IE. I then need to go into the router's config and click on ADSL settings, APPLY then try again. After a minute or 2, Internet access works even though the entire time the router is showing a constant and healthy connection of 17+mb. I never had this problem with my DG834Gv2.

Any ideas as this is driving me NUTS!!??

YPD770

Post by YPD770 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Maz

I have the exact same problem as you.
I have the Netgear DG832G v3
updated the latest firmware to 4.01.27

Are you still getting the error or it has been fixed now ?

ashlan

DG834Gv3 issue

Post by ashlan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm currently using this router and am having problems. My connectivity has been on/off for the last 3 days, and the interesting issue is that the line-sync 'i' light is completely off (not orange) when there is no connectivity.

I had contacted Exetel staff thinking it was a network issue, however it seems it could be my router as there are no known issues and tests have shown no errors on my line.

I have the most current firmware for the router -- anyone know of this issue? Any known solutions?
Perth WA · ADSL1 8192/384 · Netgear DGN220v3
WWW: Ashlan Nathens · scribblegraph
GPlus: +Ashlan Nathens · +scribblegraph

CLoSeR

Re: DG834Gv3 issue

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:39 pm

ashlan wrote:I'm currently using this router and am having problems. My connectivity has been on/off for the last 3 days, and the interesting issue is that the line-sync 'i' light is completely off (not orange) when there is no connectivity.

I had contacted Exetel staff thinking it was a network issue, however it seems it could be my router as there are no known issues and tests have shown no errors on my line.

I have the most current firmware for the router -- anyone know of this issue? Any known solutions?
If the i light with the switch underneath isnt lit, then your modem doesnt have line sync. It could be a problem with your modem, but also could be a problem with your line.

If you've logged a fault with Exetel, they will most likely log a fault with the carrier for investigation.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

ashlan

Post by ashlan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:53 pm

CLoSeR wrote:If the i light with the switch underneath isnt lit, then your modem doesnt have line sync. It could be a problem with your modem, but also could be a problem with your line.

If you've logged a fault with Exetel, they will most likely log a fault with the carrier for investigation.
Thanks CLoSeR.

The 'i' (internet) indicator light has 2 colours, orange (line OK, no sync) or green (line + sync OK). This LED is off completely (no colour).

Exetel have logged fault, found no error; now suggesting it is a modem-router issue. That's why i'm posting here - to see if anyone else using this router has had similar issues.

In the mean-time, i'm reverting to my older Netgear router to test.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:08 pm

ashlan wrote:
CLoSeR wrote:If the i light with the switch underneath isnt lit, then your modem doesnt have line sync. It could be a problem with your modem, but also could be a problem with your line.

Thanks CLoSeR.

The 'i' (internet) indicator light has 2 colours, orange (line OK, no sync) or green (line + sync OK). This LED is off completely (no colour).

Exetel have logged fault, found no error; now suggesting it is a modem-router issue. That's why i'm posting here - to see if anyone else using this router has had similar issues.

In the mean-time, i'm reverting to my older Netgear router to test.
Actually Ive found that when there is no sync, the light doesnt even light up. Ive never seen it orange.. Perhaps the new models are different.

Next step is to try another modem.

ashlan

Post by ashlan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:18 pm

CLoSeR wrote:Actually Ive found that when there is no sync, the light doesnt even light up. Ive never seen it orange.. Perhaps the new models are different.

Next step is to try another modem.
Hrrmmnmn, with this model and my last Netgear model, the 'i' LED is orange when there is no line-sync. I'm just reading the manual now to confirm.

---EDIT

here we go:
Internet LED Blinking Amber

If your Internet LED is blinking amber, then your modem router is attempting to make an ADSL connection with the service provider. The LED should turn green within several minutes.
If the Internet LED does not turn green, disconnect all telephones on the line. If this solves the problem, reconnect the telephones one at a time, being careful to use a microfilter on each telephone. If the microfilters are connected correctly, you should be able to connect all your
telephones.
If disconnecting telephones does not result in a green Internet LED, there may be a problem with your wiring. If the telephone company has tested the ADSL signal at your Network Interface Device (NID), then you may have poor quality wiring in your house.

Internet LED Off

If the Internet LED is off, disconnect all telephones on the line. If this solves the problem, reconnect the telephones one at a time, being careful to use a microfilter on each telephone. If the microfilters are connected correctly, you should be able to connect all your telephones.
If disconnecting telephones does not result in a green Internet LED the problem may be one of the
following:
• Check that the telephone company has made the connection to your line and tested it.
• Verify that you are connected to the correct telephone line. If you have more than one phone line, be sure that you are connected to the line with the ADSL service. It may be necessary to use a swapper if you ADSL signal is on pins 1 and 4 or the RJ-11 jack. The ADSL Modem Wireless Router uses pins 2 and 3.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm

So its off when it cannot detect a telephone line, orange when it cannot detect line sync.

I stand corrected, Ive got a DG814 and DG834G but its been a while since I've used them since moving to Cisco Routers.

Try your other modem, if still no go report back to Exetel for further investigation.

ashlan

Post by ashlan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:40 pm

CLoSeR wrote:So its off when it cannot detect a telephone line, orange when it cannot detect line sync.

I stand corrected, Ive got a DG814 and DG834G but its been a while since I've used them since moving to Cisco Routers.

Try your other modem, if still no go report back to Exetel for further investigation.
Am doing so over the next 24H; thanks mate:)

doraku

Re: DG834Gv3 - "Failed Login Page"

Post by doraku » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:32 pm

AVOID THIS MODEM AT ALL costs if you are using exetel adsl2+ services. This modem works fine with exetel adsl1 8Mbps connection

I have had a huge problem with using this modem with exetel adsl2 service - constant failed login page regardless of username/password. I cleared everything from cache, history, etc.

Also updated the latest firmware, forced GDMT settings debug tools. This modem is absolutely rubbish.

I just got a new netcomm NB6+4W and works fine. No problems whatsoever.

Marius08

Re: DG834Gv3 - "Failed Login Page"

Post by Marius08 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:34 am

Hey guys, I just got a new Exetel connection and having the same problem with my DG834 v3.
But I am only on 8mb ADSL 1. All seems good in the router config, speeds fine, connected, and in the Exetel member area it also says my service is active, so Im not sure.
Logged a support ticket incase its just a matter of the service to have something done to it to get it up and running, maybe a lag for new connections, lets hope thats all.

Another thing I noticed when trying to troubleshoot it, is that on the Failed Login Page, it has examples for what your username is, but no examples for Tasmania. I presume its just old, but maybe I need to use vic, which I don't see why.
Didn't find anything on the forums about this problem, and other tas users seem to be connected okay...

Hope it gets fixed, cos Im so sick of dialup :P

*Edit - seems to be working okay now, still getting the failed login page when trying to load some bookmarks, but all in all seems fixed *yay* The old reboot and clearing of firefox private data seems to do the trick.