Whats your opinion of the Netcomm NB6 +4W Router?

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Franpa

Whats your opinion of the Netcomm NB6 +4W Router?

Post by Franpa » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Hello, what is your opinion of the Netcomm NB6 +4W Router? We have just purchased one as our Netcomm 1300+4 has finally given up after 5+ years of service :/
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8729259527 (during low neighbourhood congestion)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Whats your opinion of the Netcomm NB6 +4W Router?

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:08 pm

I have a Dynalink RTA1025W (which is absolutely identical to the NB6+4W; Netcomm bought over Dynalink and rebadged their modems) and it is rock solid. In my opinion, the perfect modem for non-VOIP, residential use (solid NAT, wireless signal, intuitive basic + advanced configuration, competitively priced, etc)

doogie

Post by doogie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:I have a Dynalink RTA1025W (which is absolutely identical to the NB6+4W; Netcomm bought over Dynalink and rebadged their modems) and it is rock solid. In my opinion, the perfect modem for non-VOIP, residential use (solid NAT, wireless signal, intuitive basic + advanced configuration, competitively priced, etc)
Hey Corey, what is your opinion if I plugged in a Linksys PAP2T ATA into the Netcomm modem to use as a voip combo. I am currently using a Netgear 834G V3 as my router attached to the PAP2T. Doesn't have QoS but I believe the Netcomm does. My voip is pretty good at the moment but hoping to fine tune with the use of QoS. :shock:

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:16 am

doogie wrote:Hey Corey, what is your opinion if I plugged in a Linksys PAP2T ATA into the Netcomm modem to use as a voip combo. I am currently using a Netgear 834G V3 as my router attached to the PAP2T. Doesn't have QoS but I believe the Netcomm does. My voip is pretty good at the moment but hoping to fine tune with the use of QoS. :shock:
Dunno. I don't use VOIP but QoS is essential if you wish to use the computer and makes calls simultaneously.

In this case, you seem to have 2 choices:
1. Buy a new Netcomm to replace your Netgear, simply for QoS finetuning
2. Buy a new Voip modem all-in-one that replaces your Netgear + PaP2T and get QoS and VOIP port forwarding already preconfigured inside the unit

Me, I'd choose option 2 over option 1 any day. Perhaps $70-80 more outlay but I think that all-in-one devices are worth this extra amount due to their ease of configuration and less clutter. Either option gives you a spare modem (the Netcomm) if you need it but option 2 also gives you a spare ATA that could come in useful too (for resale or future use).

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Franpa wrote:Hello, what is your opinion of the Netcomm NB6 +4W Router? We have just purchased one as our Netcomm 1300+4 has finally given up after 5+ years of service :/
I have used a Netcomm NB6Plus4W for the last year or so .... with no problems.

I have a Sipura 2000 and a Netgear613W in 2 of the ports...... with no problems.

It has given good service on both ADSL1 and ADSL2 plus services.

Regards,

Harry.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 am

I have been using a NB6PLUS4W and V210P ATA combo for some time and am very happy.
No downtime at all and both just plugged and played first time.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn