NB9W can't work with cordless phones?

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Wolverine

NB9W can't work with cordless phones?

Post by Wolverine » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am

O.P.Hi

I have a Netcomm NB9W with Exetel NAKED ADSL2 which works perfectly with an old wired phone but when connecting the 2 different brands of cordless phones that I have tried both fail. I have tested the cordless phones on diffrent Voip enabled routers using them to make Voip calls, with no problems.

The symptoms are the same for both cordless phones:

Incoming Call: When answering the call the caller can hear us but we can't hear them. After hanging up, there is no dial-tone and no further incoming calls can be recieved after that and the router has to be rebooted. The Internet connection is fine all the time with no drop-outs.

Outgoing Call: There is no dial-tone at all so no out-going calls can be made. Once an outgoing call is attempted the line is dead and the router needs to be rebooted to get a dial-tone again.

As stated before, none of these problems are present when using the wired phone.

Any ideas?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: NB9W can't work with cordless phones?

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm

In order to keep things organised, it is best to stick to one thread. I suggest you use http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=33134 for your main thread.