Huawei E160E error 619

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
TerryD

Huawei E160E error 619

Post by TerryD » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:54 pm

I got my new E160E from Exetel a few days ago to commence use from 1st August and it was easy to set up from the Exetel instructions that came with it. Profile name exetel locked in and did not change, likewise APN set and stayed at exetel1. So I have not had the common problems I have seen posted. I have 5 bars signal strength. I have tried it on 2 computers (Vista & XP) and re-installed the software on both computers but continue to get error 619 messages. I lodged a ticket and received a prompt telephone response from Support. We went through all the settings together but the support person was not able to solve the problem. He left me with the suggestion that I try re-installing the system and use a different USB port, then closed the ticket. I have lodged further tickets, one of which was closed for some unknown reason and I am waiting to see what might happen next. I have driving interstate tomorrow and had hoped to use the wireless connection. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try in the meantime.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Huawei E160E error 619

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Check viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30168 or specifically viewtopic.php?p=254998#p254998 for an easier possible solution.

Often Error 619 messages can be fixed by retaining whatever profile is created by default and creating a *new* profile for APN = exetel1 instead of editing the existing one
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au