TP-8817

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Rattler

TP-8817

Post by Rattler » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Hello Support and Others,

In short, TP-8817 as my reserve modem was needed recently. It WILL get a carrier for the ADSL and will retain all the settings but the log indicates "Call Failed" and the web is not accessible.

Completed Factory Reset, input all details and setting by hand as per Exetel's site and retried without success.

BUT! When I slot another modem into the line (different brand) it connects without delay and is stable. Sadly, I am borrowing that one.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: TP-8817

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

This device nearly defaults to Exetel, so it should be easy. There's probably a slip too obvious to see.

Perhaps factory reset with a paper clip. Then:

Connect to computer on ethernet cable (NOT USB). In a browser go to 192.168.1.1.
The log in is admin, with password admin.
Select Quick Start and run wizard.
Select the time and PPPoE.
Enter your Exetel username and password (case sensitive).
(8/35 LLC) are defaults.
Click Next to save.

Rattler

Post by Rattler » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks Dazzled,

I have done all that prior to posting. Factory reset, defaults the lot. I know I have the right password and setting as they work on another modem perfectly into which I had to put the details as it has not been used for Exetel previously.

Frankly, I am starting to suspect hardware fault with the modem itself. I prefer to check all the boxes before sending it back to Mwave for a replacement. I will go through it one last time before getting an R.A. number.

Any last thoughts?

AND.............thanks for the quick reply. MUCH appreciated.

John

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Rattler wrote:Thanks Dazzled,

I have done all that prior to posting. Factory reset, defaults the lot. I know I have the right password and setting as they work on another modem perfectly into which I had to put the details as it has not been used for Exetel previously.

Frankly, I am starting to suspect hardware fault with the modem itself. I prefer to check all the boxes before sending it back to Mwave for a replacement. I will go through it one last time before getting an R.A. number.

Any last thoughts?

AND.............thanks for the quick reply. MUCH appreciated.

John
Hi John,

Since you have already had a comparison with a different modem, possible issue with the modem issue. Could be a modem software issue. However it seems to be the modem is under the guarantee period. Therefore it is better to deal with the manufacturer before you make any changes.