VoIP conked out

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Tafkam

VoIP conked out

Post by Tafkam » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi. My VoIP seems to have conked out. It has been working perfectly but not now. No changes have been made, or new equipment used. I rang Exetel and the fellow just said the problem was my router. Below are my settings, hope the images work. If anyone can shed any light on it, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!
voip3.jpg
voip3.jpg (154.67 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
voip2.jpg
voip2.jpg (160.46 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
voip1.jpg
voip1.jpg (171.52 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
Last edited by Tafkam on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tafkam

Re: VoIP conked out

Post by Tafkam » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Hmm. How do I insert images?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Just above the blue band at the bottom after you have written your post - Upload Attachments

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 am

Tafkam wrote:Hi. My VoIP seems to have conked out. It has been working perfectly but not now. No changes have been made, or new equipment used. I rang Exetel and the fellow just said the problem was my router. Below are my settings, hope the images work. If anyone can shed any light on it, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!
Paste the screen prints you have and we will check for you.

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks, I have edited the original post.

I also tried changing the SIP proxy and outbound proxy to the same as the registrar address, but that made no difference.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:16 pm

For starters, try-
Display name and Authentication ID should be your 10 digit number;
Both proxies should be 58.96.1.2 as well as the registrar;
Preferred codec should be G.729, with G.711 second

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:26 pm

OK I changed those things and it still didn't work. My son came and fixed it however. I do have another question. My router is a TP-LINK, TD-VG3631 and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the dial tone for the VoIP phone? I tried changing the country to another country, which gave me a different dial tone, but incoming calls seem to disconnect after a minute or so, so I changed it back to Australia. I like the VoIP to have a different dial tone so I know if it's working or not. Past routers have had the option to select a dial tone, but if this does, I can't find it....
Any help appreciated. And if you would prefer this question in the VoIP section, please let me know and I will move it.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Tafkam wrote:OK I changed those things and it still didn't work. My son came and fixed it however. I do have another question. My router is a TP-LINK, TD-VG3631 and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the dial tone for the VoIP phone? I tried changing the country to another country, which gave me a different dial tone, but incoming calls seem to disconnect after a minute or so, so I changed it back to Australia. I like the VoIP to have a different dial tone so I know if it's working or not. Past routers have had the option to select a dial tone, but if this does, I can't find it....
Any help appreciated. And if you would prefer this question in the VoIP section, please let me know and I will move it.
As far as we know, that option is not available with this model. However you may inquire this further from the TP link support as well.