Unable to connect TP Link to Exetel service

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
perthling

Unable to connect TP Link to Exetel service

Post by perthling » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Hoping someone can help, as Exetel support hasn't been able to. After 3 weeks of my VoIP service failing (unable to receive calls; phone rings, but neither party can be heard) and having misplaced my router username/password, I've done a factory reset.

Despite following instructions to the letter, and the PPPoE account apparently succeeding, the router does not connect to the Exetel service. I plugged the PC into the NTD port and entered the same credentials in creating an internet connection and it worked, voici! Put the router back in, no joy.

While the usual downfalls are probably covered (e.g. yes, I'm plugged into the "WAN/LAN" port), I could be missing some basics so don't mind if you treat me like an idiot.

It's a fibre connection (in a Telstra Velocity Network) that has been running fine for the last 15 months.
Router is TP Link AC1750 Archer D7. Screenshots of WAN settings and error log, in case there's a necessary configuration setting I'm missing.

I'm desperately keen to finish this setup tonight, so my family don't have to wait for me to return from work to wrestle with it again.

Thanks!
Attachments
1.png
System log
1.png (183.01 KiB) Viewed 3080 times
2.png
WAN settings
2.png (242.57 KiB) Viewed 3080 times

perthling

Re: Unable to connect TP Link to Exetel service

Post by perthling » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:45 am

SOLVED!!

Incorrect advice from Exetel help desk, reitterated by subsequent staff I spoke with. Given this is a fibre connection, the router is to be in "wireless router" mode and not "DSL modem router". Recommend a change is made to the flow charts of whatever these guys use to provide support, as this could have saved me four hours.

kasunr
Exetel Staff

Re: Unable to connect TP Link to Exetel service

Post by kasunr » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 am

Hi Perthling,

We are happy to hear that your connection is working fine now. I have also sent you an email via Ticket ID: 9442705. Reply back to that email if you need any further assistance.

Cheers! :)