Connecting to Fibre

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
seifermd

Connecting to Fibre

Post by seifermd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:39 pm

I live in an apartment building with LBNco servicing and I have recently signed up for Exetel fibre.

While I was away, a VDSL technician was sent to the building and called me saying he would connect/activate the line as he was able to get inside the building. Since then LBNco have "activated" the line and Exetel have issued modem/account login details.

After getting back and purchasing a new VDSL modem (TD-W9970), I have configured the settings to the best of my knowledge and tried plugging the phone line in. For whatever reason my apartment has 5 different wall outlets that can take a rj12/rj45 cable (and I have no idea which is the right one), but despite which ever one I do use, I don't get a DSL light being activated on my modem.

Should I expect to see the DSL light come green on my modem even if I have the modem settings a bit off? Is this a sign of no line connection full stop?

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Connecting to Fibre

Post by KavindaS » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:23 pm

seifermd wrote:I live in an apartment building with LBNco servicing and I have recently signed up for Exetel fibre.

While I was away, a VDSL technician was sent to the building and called me saying he would connect/activate the line as he was able to get inside the building. Since then LBNco have "activated" the line and Exetel have issued modem/account login details.

After getting back and purchasing a new VDSL modem (TD-W9970), I have configured the settings to the best of my knowledge and tried plugging the phone line in. For whatever reason my apartment has 5 different wall outlets that can take a rj12/rj45 cable (and I have no idea which is the right one), but despite which ever one I do use, I don't get a DSL light being activated on my modem.

Should I expect to see the DSL light come green on my modem even if I have the modem settings a bit off? Is this a sign of no line connection full stop?

Thanks.
If the DSL light is not ON in your router, means there is no line synchronisation available on the router. Even you have perfectly configured the router with settings, until you get a solid DSL light, the connection will not work. If the issue persisting, contact our support line on 0280301000 / 1300788141 or via an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and get them to investigate the matter. If we cannot resolve this with troubleshooting, we need to log a fault with LBN Co and get them to investigate within their network.