Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:20 am

pjred wrote:Well it's not just LAN port 1, LAN port 1 locked up and so did LAN port 2.

But I seem to be getting this locking up problem if I unplug and re-plug in LAN cable or if I restart PC which does a similar thing.

However, the VOIP drops out by itself.

You have to power cycle modem to fix.
I have made all the points as you have stated. We will update you once we receive an update from them.

pjred

Post by pjred » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:00 pm

FYI, my brother runs a PBX server and he's having similar problems with Exetel.

His PBX says it was connected to Exetel but would not receive incoming calls. If he re connected to SIP server then it was good for another couple of hours.

His VOIP server has a setting to accept dodgy SIP connections. When enabled all seems OK.

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:21 pm

I'm trying to set up two VOIP connections on my NF10WV - one for Exetel, one for MyNetFone

Can this be done? Both say they want G279 but it is only offered under Line 1 so assume Line 2 is using the fallback codec
I have them both plugged into a double-adapter at the patch panel to get to my handset.

They both show as "Up" but I can't ring whichever is configured under SIP Account 2.

Both will configure and sign in correctly, but I'm getting some calls missed because both aren't responding.
Friendly fire, isn't...

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:57 pm

While we're on the topic of this modem, I've had dropout/recovery patterns (approx 2 minutes in each case) for the following times today - and I was out most of the day so there may be more:

0900 hours
1832 hours
1909 hours
2055 hours
2135 hours
2152 hours
Friendly fire, isn't...

michaeld
Exetel Staff

Post by michaeld » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:10 am

Pfitzy wrote:While we're on the topic of this modem, I've had dropout/recovery patterns (approx 2 minutes in each case) for the following times today - and I was out most of the day so there may be more:

0900 hours
1832 hours
1909 hours
2055 hours
2135 hours
2152 hours
Hi Pfitzy

I have dropped an email to your nominated email, requesting for some information.Your reference number for this issue is 10802125.

Please reply to that email and we will be able to get this checked further.

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Michael - didn't get your email? In any case, I've been sending data through to #10801151# including modem logs.

Mainly it is centred around critical event:

Oct 9 21:24:24 kern crit kernel: Line 0: VDSL2 link down
Friendly fire, isn't...

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:06 am

Just got the email now Michael. Thanks.

Will flick you the info.

Note that I've been tracking a few other users in the area who are reporting similar issues (multiple providers).
Friendly fire, isn't...

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:22 pm

I would just like to add that I am also having all the same issues with the NF10WV.

I have updated to the 016 and 019 firmware with no real improvement, hopefully Netcomm will finally fix the firmware soon, this has been going on for way too long.

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Pfitzy wrote:Just got the email now Michael. Thanks.

Will flick you the info.

Note that I've been tracking a few other users in the area who are reporting similar issues (multiple providers).
I have dropped an email to you. Kindly check your service and let us know the outcome.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:06 pm

gong_guy wrote:I would just like to add that I am also having all the same issues with the NF10WV.

I have updated to the 016 and 019 firmware with no real improvement, hopefully Netcomm will finally fix the firmware soon, this has been going on for way too long.
They are currently working on it and they will release their new firmware soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:14 pm

OK so at this stage, without being able to get both SIPs running for ExeFone and MyNetFone, I've moved the VOIP back to the Minitar ATA. Bulletproof, that little unit! Even got room for another 3 SIPs.

I've also turned off the wifi and am relying purely on the WNDA360 to do the work for the mobile devices in the house.

Modem now does basically VDSL and DHCP.

The only thing special beyond that is having a list of 5 fixed IP leases (by MAC) under DHCP. This is for particular hardware that requests DHCP but can't be configured manually (Sonos etc).

After last night's dropouts (and another one today) we'll see how this goes.
Friendly fire, isn't...

Pal

Post by Pal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:36 am

I have had the NF10WV for over two weeks now (firmware version NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B019.EN) and have had VOIP for 6 days. I am on FTTN and fortunately haven't had problems with VOIP dropping out and haven't had a call longer than 30 minutes so can't confirm that potential error which some suggest is due to the value of 1800 in the Session Expire Timeout field in SIP Advanced Settings.

The problem I do have, which I read is shared by many, is that the Ethernet ports don’t work unless there is an active connection in them when the modem boots up. So you plug a device (computer) in to the router and it is working OK, you turn the device off and when you turn it back on again…. nothing. Static or dynamic IP on the device doesn’t matter. I have overcome this by attaching a switch to the router and then attaching the devices to the switch. By maintaining an active connection between the router and the switch at least one Ethernet port on the router stays active and devices reconnect to the Internet when switched back on.

There appears to be a design fault in the NF10WV and Exetel should look at getting it fixed by NetComm or look for a replacement modem/router without a fault.

michaeld
Exetel Staff

Post by michaeld » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:01 am

Pal wrote:I have had the NF10WV for over two weeks now (firmware version NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B019.EN) and have had VOIP for 6 days. I am on FTTN and fortunately haven't had problems with VOIP dropping out and haven't had a call longer than 30 minutes so can't confirm that potential error which some suggest is due to the value of 1800 in the Session Expire Timeout field in SIP Advanced Settings.

The problem I do have, which I read is shared by many, is that the Ethernet ports don’t work unless there is an active connection in them when the modem boots up. So you plug a device (computer) in to the router and it is working OK, you turn the device off and when you turn it back on again…. nothing. Static or dynamic IP on the device doesn’t matter. I have overcome this by attaching a switch to the router and then attaching the devices to the switch. By maintaining an active connection between the router and the switch at least one Ethernet port on the router stays active and devices reconnect to the Internet when switched back on.

There appears to be a design fault in the NF10WV and Exetel should look at getting it fixed by NetComm or look for a replacement modem/router without a fault.
Hi Pal,
I have sent an email to the authorized email account under the reference number 10907263. Please reply to this so we can proceed with investigation.

machine

Post by machine » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi,

Every Exetel FTTN connection I've done(about eight), the NF10WV modem has faults. All NF10WV have the latest firmware update.

The Ethernet ports don’t work unless there is an active connection in them when the modem boots up.

The VOIP service just randomly stops(phone connection goes dead) and the modem has to be rebooted.

Most times you don't know the phone is dead until someone rings you on your mobile to tell you they cannot contact you via your home phone, or you pick the phone up to make a call.

When making a VOIP phone call, the call drops off.

Exetel needs to get Netcomm to expedite the remedial action ( firmware update) for this modem.

The codec that Exetel says to use(G729) is in priority position 3, shouldn't it be in position 1 prioritry?

Exetel should STOP sending this modem to customers until the problem is fixed.

If the problems with theNF10WV modem cannot be quickly fixed, then Exetel should replace the NF10WV modem with the Netcomm NF4V modem which appears to work FREE OF CHARGE

ALSO, when making an overseas call (overseas call barring unblocked) the phone dials but there is no sound to indicate that the call is ringing the called number!

Jeez, what else can go wrong with this modem.

Netcomm, you should be ashamed to have released this piece of GARBAGE!...I'm venting my disappointment at Netcomm next.
Last edited by machine on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoner
Forum Admin

Post by shoner » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:46 pm

machine wrote:Hi,

Every Exetel FTTN connection I've done(about eight), the NF10WV modem has faults. All NF10WV have the latest firmware update.

The Ethernet ports don’t work unless there is an active connection in them when the modem boots up.

The VOIP service just randomly stops(phone connection goes dead) and the modem has to be rebooted.

Most times you don't know the phone is dead until someone rings you on your mobile to tell you they cannot contact you via your home phone, or you pick the phone up to make a call.

When making a VOIP phone call, the call drops off.

Exetel needs to get Netcomm to expedite the remedial action ( firmware update) for this modem.

The codec that Exetel says to use(G729) is in priority position 3, shouldn't it be in position 1 prioritry?

Exetel should STOP sending this modem to customers until the problem is fixed.

If the problems with theNF10WV modem cannot be quickle fixed, then Exetel should replace the NF10WV modem with the Netcomm NF4V modem which appears to work FREE OF CHARGE

ALSO, when making an overseas call (overseas call barring unblocked) the phone dials but there is no sound to indicate that the call is ringing the called number!

Jeez, what else can go wrong with this modem.

Netcomm, you should be ashamed to have released this piece of GARBAGE!...I'm venting my disappointment at Netcomm next.
Hi machine,

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused, we've receved few complaints related to this modem and we are actively working with Netcomm for a quick resolution.
We are also looking at other types of modems and hopefully we would be able finalse new models soon. At the moment we do not have an ETA.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal