Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Definitive Setup Guide for NF10WV

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:34 pm

shoner wrote:
machine wrote:Hi,

Every Exetel FTTN connection I've done(about eight), the NF10WV modem has faults. All NF10WV have the latest firmware update.
Hi machine,

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused, we've receved few complaints related to this modem and we are actively working with Netcomm for a quick resolution.
We are also looking at other types of modems and hopefully we would be able finalse new models soon. At the moment we do not have an ETA.
Hi Machine,

Could you please PM me your Fibre connection service numbers ASAP, where you have the voip issues as stated? We are in the process arranging a replacement modems with Netcomm.

machine

Post by machine » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi,

I don't have FTTN, have ADSL, but I will pass the info on to those customers with the NF10WV modems who are experiencing the problems.

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:03 pm

machine wrote:Hi,

I don't have FTTN, have ADSL, but I will pass the info on to those customers with the NF10WV modems who are experiencing the problems.

Thanks
That is exactly what I am after in this :). If you can drop us an email (residentialsupport@exetel.com.au) stating the service number + briefing the issue in each customer. It is better if we can have the serial number of the each modem so we can pass all information with Netcomm.

machine

Post by machine » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi,

Will collect the info and email it to you at (residentialsupport@exetel.com.au). Thanks Kavinda.

machine

Post by machine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Hopefully the release of the new firmware...... NF10WV-NC.AU-R5B021.EN will fix the issues with the NF10WV modem.

That is .... VOIP service constantly dropping out, requiring the modem to be rebooted.

And the LAN via RJ45 on PC not being recognised if you power on a PC when the modem is already powered on, you have to start the PC and then reboot the modem to get the modem to recognise the LAN on the PC

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Post by Nathanael S » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:59 pm

machine wrote:Hopefully the release of the new firmware...... NF10WV-NC.AU-R5B021.EN will fix the issues with the NF10WV modem.

That is .... VOIP service constantly dropping out, requiring the modem to be rebooted.

And the LAN via RJ45 on PC not being recognised if you power on a PC when the modem is already powered on, you have to start the PC and then reboot the modem to get the modem to recognise the LAN on the PC

Ideally this new firmware update should do the trick. Please let us know once you send that through.

lou20

Post by lou20 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 pm

machine wrote:Hopefully the release of the new firmware...... NF10WV-NC.AU-R5B021.EN will fix the issues with the NF10WV modem.

Any Idea when they will release this?

I just got my new modem and have the same ethernet Lan port issues...

machine

Post by machine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Here you go..... Link to new firmware for NF10WV

Copy and paste link into your browser.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oorbd7ux7mi9c32/NF10WV-NC.AU- R5B021.EN_cfe_upgrade?dl=0

Save new firmware to desktop.

Turn off Antivirus till firmware update is completed.

User ID = admin
Password = admin

Look for "Update Firmware"

Bob's your uncle. :D

Please report back to this thread if the new firmware fixes your problems, or report any new problems.....Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:31 pm

If the new firmware fails to fix the issue, alert Exetel by contacting ASAP as we need to go with the next step.

auralsculpture

Post by auralsculpture » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 pm

The link for firmware is showing 404.

I have only just set up my NF10 and seeing the ethernet lockup issue. In particular I am trying to link to another net com modem to act as a router as it has 2.4 and 5 wireless. No problem doing this from my old Dynalink on ADSL - but the ethernet port doesn't seem to pass data - I cant access internet using the second router.

after reading a lot on various forums, I'm really wishing Exetel had supplied a NF17 ...

hoping the firmware resolves the problems - If I can access it ...

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:48 pm

auralsculpture wrote:The link for firmware is showing 404.

I have only just set up my NF10 and seeing the ethernet lockup issue. In particular I am trying to link to another net com modem to act as a router as it has 2.4 and 5 wireless. No problem doing this from my old Dynalink on ADSL - but the ethernet port doesn't seem to pass data - I cant access internet using the second router.

after reading a lot on various forums, I'm really wishing Exetel had supplied a NF17 ...

hoping the firmware resolves the problems - If I can access it ...
Kindly upgrade router Firmware through following URL: http://support.netcommwireless.com/prod ... and/nf10wv

However if the issue remains, please contact modem manufacturer to check your device.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

auralsculpture

Post by auralsculpture » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 am

the Netcomm link is only for version 19, I'd like to try version 21 as per drop boxed link ...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:53 pm

auralsculpture wrote:the Netcomm link is only for version 19, I'd like to try version 21 as per drop boxed link ...
Please note that 21 is a beta version which is still under the testing stage with noticeable errors. Therefore from Exetel we cannot push the firmware as Netcomm support has strongly recommended to have the issues reported with them. If the issue remains with 19 (Final released version), as advised before contact Netcomm support and get the modem replacement arranged or get them to investigate and troubleshoot this.

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:02 am

Hi

I too am experiencing the ethernet port dropout after PC powerdown issue with this modem, although my VOIP service appears to be stable.
It is a real nuisance, I have to reboot the PC but wifi users are able to access the net just fine.

I have firmware NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B023.EN, which I think is the latest.

Surely there must be a fix for this well known problem by now?

machine

Post by machine » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:33 am

JamesH wrote:Hi

I too am experiencing the ethernet port dropout after PC powerdown issue with this modem, although my VOIP service appears to be stable.
It is a real nuisance, I have to reboot the Modem but wifi users are able to access the net just fine.

I have firmware NF10WV.NC.AU_R5B023.EN, which I think is the latest.

Surely there must be a fix for this well known problem by now?
Hi james,

Yes very annoying problem. Having to reboot modem after PC start up.

Have seen this problem in several of the NF10WV modems. None of the firmware updates fixes this problem.

And yes, I hope its fixed soon.