Help Bridging NF10WV to RT-AC87U

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
dalesharp2009

Help Bridging NF10WV to RT-AC87U

Post by dalesharp2009 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help with the setup required to bridge the Exetel supplied Netcomm NF10WV to my RT-AC87U router, it was really easy on ADSL2+ as I had a barebones basic modem bridging through and thoroughly understood ADSL settings. FTTN NBN / VDSL on the other hand I am very new to...

Any help with the settings both on the modem and the router would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get it setup and ready to go before someone gets their stuff together and actually activates our service.

Cheers,
Dale

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Help Bridging NF10WV to RT-AC87U

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:53 pm

dalesharp2009 wrote:Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help with the setup required to bridge the Exetel supplied Netcomm NF10WV to my RT-AC87U router, it was really easy on ADSL2+ as I had a barebones basic modem bridging through and thoroughly understood ADSL settings. FTTN NBN / VDSL on the other hand I am very new to...

Any help with the settings both on the modem and the router would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get it setup and ready to go before someone gets their stuff together and actually activates our service.

Cheers,
Dale
Not sure if you are still facing the issues with this. Try following below and if no fix, it is recommended to contact Netcomm technical support.

* Click on the Advanced Setup menu at the left of the page and then click on WAN Service option.

* Tick the Remove checkbox and then click the Remove button.(Remove all the default interface from the WAN Service)

* Select Advanced Setup and then click Layer 2 Interface option and then Click PTM Interface option.
--------------------------------------
RT-AC87U - Router should run the PPPOE with NO VLAN tag on the PPPOE option. For any other advance set up, better to contact the vendor support.
Attachments
vdsl PTM INTERFACE.png
vdsl PTM INTERFACE.png (75.32 KiB) Viewed 2325 times

dalesharp2009

Post by dalesharp2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:41 pm

KavindaS wrote:
dalesharp2009 wrote:Hey Guys

Cheers,
Dale
Not sure if you are still facing the issues with this. Try following below and if no fix, it is recommended to contact Netcomm technical support.

* Click on the Advanced Setup menu at the left of the page and then click on WAN Service option.

* Tick the Remove checkbox and then click the Remove button.(Remove all the default interface from the WAN Service)

* Select Advanced Setup and then click Layer 2 Interface option and then Click PTM Interface option.
--------------------------------------
RT-AC87U - Router should run the PPPOE with NO VLAN tag on the PPPOE option. For any other advance set up, better to contact the vendor support.
Thanks KavindaS, I will have a look at these settings, I don't have an issue as such, I am just trying to get the router setup ready to go so when my service gets activated I can just "plug and play" the new modem in place of my current one. But setting up the router is a bit hard without the service active to test :(

dalesharp2009

Post by dalesharp2009 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:44 pm

So... Uhhh... It is working, through pure black magic as tech usually does... Seriously, the settings I have SHOULD not work, it is completely nonsensical, but they do, for now...