ZTE H268A How to set up WPS PIN Code

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Chris B

ZTE H268A How to set up WPS PIN Code

Post by Chris B » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:31 pm

I have the free ZTE H268A.
I have a device I want to set up on the WLAN using WPS.
The device finds the ZTE and displays a PIN Code, which I am them supposed to enter into the ZTE Router.
But where in the ZTE web interface can I do that please?
I cannot find any WPS reference in any of the menus.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: ZTE H268A How to set up WPS PIN Code

Post by KavindaS » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Chris B wrote:I have the free ZTE H268A.
I have a device I want to set up on the WLAN using WPS.
The device finds the ZTE and displays a PIN Code, which I am them supposed to enter into the ZTE Router.
But where in the ZTE web interface can I do that please?
I cannot find any WPS reference in any of the menus.
Could you please confirm the exact requirement on this? Is that the WPS PIN code you need or any other settings?

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 pm

I have a Denon CEOL Piccolo WIFI music centre, which can connect via the WLAN to my NAS, Spotify, Mobile phone etc.
One of the methods it has for setting up a WLAN connection is via WPS, which is supposed to be a simplified method of connection, where it handshakes with the router and gets all the setup configuration automatically.
The ZTE has a WPS button on the back, and the (basic) ZTE manual describes the WPS button, but does not mention anything about configuring it from within the Web menu on the ZTE.
It sounds like in general WPS can be connected either with a PIN code, or without one, depending on the device being connected. The Denon requires a PIN code. You press the WPS button on the ZTE, wait for the Denon to find it on the WLAN, and then a PIN code appears on the Denon, which I am then supposed to enter into the ZTE somehow to confirm the secure link.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Chris B wrote:I have a Denon CEOL Piccolo WIFI music centre, which can connect via the WLAN to my NAS, Spotify, Mobile phone etc.
One of the methods it has for setting up a WLAN connection is via WPS, which is supposed to be a simplified method of connection, where it handshakes with the router and gets all the setup configuration automatically.
The ZTE has a WPS button on the back, and the (basic) ZTE manual describes the WPS button, but does not mention anything about configuring it from within the Web menu on the ZTE.
It sounds like in general WPS can be connected either with a PIN code, or without one, depending on the device being connected. The Denon requires a PIN code. You press the WPS button on the ZTE, wait for the Denon to find it on the WLAN, and then a PIN code appears on the Denon, which I am then supposed to enter into the ZTE somehow to confirm the secure link.
This is not a common inquiry that was made before. Let me forward this to our ZTE support and get their instructions. I will update you once they have response to me.