Router Dial in VPN not working since NBN

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
inom234

Router Dial in VPN not working since NBN

Post by inom234 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am

Hi All,

I have a Draytek 2860 and in front of it an NBN Arris CM2800. I have used the 2860 for some time now and most importantly before I got the Exetel NBN and the Arris.

I previously I was able to VPN from outside networks direct to the 2860 as a dial-in user. No setting has changed on the 2860 for the VPN dial-in. I now cannot connect as a dial in user.

Monitoring the VPN connection it would appear the 2860 VPN port is being blocked. Do I need to open ports now the Arris is front? The router grabs the public IP so I am confused about needing open ports.

Internet connection works fine and I can ping the router from my iPhone. Am I missing something?

Any advice?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Router Dial in VPN not working since NBN

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 pm

inom234 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am
Hi All,

I have a Draytek 2860 and in front of it an NBN Arris CM2800. I have used the 2860 for some time now and most importantly before I got the Exetel NBN and the Arris.

I previously I was able to VPN from outside networks direct to the 2860 as a dial-in user. No setting has changed on the 2860 for the VPN dial-in. I now cannot connect as a dial in user.

Monitoring the VPN connection it would appear the 2860 VPN port is being blocked. Do I need to open ports now the Arris is front? The router grabs the public IP so I am confused about needing open ports.

Internet connection works fine and I can ping the router from my iPhone. Am I missing something?

Any advice?
This has been escalated with our next level of network engineers. I have created a ticket under the reference number 13184357 for you. We will update you via the same reference on your nominated email address.