Adding SSID on ZTE H268A

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
TheGramas

Adding SSID on ZTE H268A

Post by TheGramas » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am

hi
I have been provided ZTE H268A Router/Modem. It was pre configured to two SSID (One on 2.4Ghz and another on 5Ghz). I would like to add another SSID on 2.4Ghz for Guests at home. Currently the configuration screen does not have any option or link to add a new SSID. Is the router locked or does it not have that feature? My previous NBN provider's modem had option to add multiple SSID.

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Adding SSID on ZTE H268A

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:45 pm

TheGramas wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am
hi
I have been provided ZTE H268A Router/Modem. It was pre configured to two SSID (One on 2.4Ghz and another on 5Ghz). I would like to add another SSID on 2.4Ghz for Guests at home. Currently the configuration screen does not have any option or link to add a new SSID. Is the router locked or does it not have that feature? My previous NBN provider's modem had option to add multiple SSID.

Thanks
Welcome to the Exetel Forum :)

With the ZTE H268A provided modem, some features have restricted from the modem manufacturer by default. May be adding multiple SSIDs were part of this. However, I have escalated your query further with them, to get a confirmation or to have some guidelines on this. I will provide you a feedback, as soon as I have received their reply.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Adding SSID on ZTE H268A

Post by KavindaS » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:54 am

KavindaS wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:45 pm
TheGramas wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am
hi

Thanks
Welcome to the Exetel Forum :)

With the ZTE H268A provided modem, some features have restricted from the modem manufacturer by default. May be adding multiple SSIDs were part of this. However, I have escalated your query further with them, to get a confirmation or to have some guidelines on this. I will provide you a feedback, as soon as I have received their reply.
Please note that I have received the feedback from the ZTE support. Unfortunately they are unable to add multiple SSIDs with this modem. However, as a suggestion you may change one of the SSIDs (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) for guests at home.