Connecting TP Link TD-W9970 to NBN

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
cameronhall

Connecting TP Link TD-W9970 to NBN

Post by cameronhall » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I live in an aparment block and have recently connected to exetel NBN. my connection is active, but i am struggling to configure my TP Link TD-W9970 to work? The modem is advertised as NBN ready. Everything seems to work except for the connection to PPP. Anyone have any advise or instructions?

thanks in advance

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Connecting TP Link TD-W9970 to NBN

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm

cameronhall wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I live in an aparment block and have recently connected to exetel NBN. my connection is active, but i am struggling to configure my TP Link TD-W9970 to work? The modem is advertised as NBN ready. Everything seems to work except for the connection to PPP. Anyone have any advise or instructions?

thanks in advance
Welcome to the Exetel forum :)

Before I confirm anything, need to check the service class and therefore, PM me your customer id or the service number.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Connecting TP Link TD-W9970 to NBN

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm
cameronhall wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm
Hi everyone,

thanks in advance
Welcome to the Exetel forum :)

Before I confirm anything, need to check the service class and therefore, PM me your customer id or the service number.
I have received the PM and thank you. Checking through the service class, your service appears to be a Fibre To The Node service. Therefore, configuration needs to be set as a VDSL configuration and not PPPOE. However, considering a FTTN service, it is recommended to use Exetel-NBN registered modem, and you have today ordered a ZTE modem through Exetel. This modem will be a pre-configured modem and let us know after connecting the modem, if the service still not working. Ticket reference number is 14312268.